BITSAT 2019 – Registration, Application form, Exam Date: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is one of the best educational institutions in India which offers students courses in engineering and technology programs. It also offers other professional courses to the students. The reputation of the institute can be assessed by the fact it is deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is a test conducted by BITS, Pilani annually to get admission into the graduation programs. It has campuses in Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. It is a computer mode test conducted in any of the campuses. The candidates will have the flexibility of choosing centers and the time slot.
BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The central and state toppers of class XII examination will be given preference over the other candidates for BITSAT admission. BITSAT score is not considered for the first central and state topper is eligible for direct admission in to the selected program. The toppers have to meet the basic eligibility criteria to claim seat in BITSAT.
The BITSAT 2019 eligibility criteria is listed below
- Qualification: The candidate should have appeared or passed class XII examination by 2019
- For Engineering: The candidates should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects
- For B. Pharm (Hons): The candidates should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects
- Percentage of Marks: The students should score at least 60% or more in each subject and have an aggregate of 75%. If the candidates have written exam a couple of times for better scores, the last score card available will be considered as the final for the scores
- Language: The candidate should be proficient in English language
Note: Students who are already students in any stream and campus of BITS campuses will not be eligible to appear for BITSAT again.
BITSAT 2019 Application form
3 Easy Steps to Submit BITSAT Application Form 2019
- Step 1: Select new registration, then fill the required details such as education, age, personal, contact address, email id etc,
- Step 2: Upload scanned images of the photograph with 4KB to 50KB size and signature should not exceed 1KB to 30KB.
- Step 3: Pay the BITSAT application fee using available payment methods (net banking, credit/debit card) in online mode.
BITSAT 2019 application form is expected to be issued in the third week of December 2018. The candidates, who intend to write BITSAT 2019, should keep visiting the website for getting the notification and also the latest updates about BITSAT 2019. The application can be made online and candidates do not have to give hard copies to the center.
- The application can be made on the official website of BITSAT. After notice of application, candidate can first register by providing details full name, gender, DOB, email ID and security code. This is required for new registration. Read all the instructions carefully before proceeding further.
- After initial registration candidates are required to provide personal details, qualification, the test (Engineering or Pharmacy or others), the exam center and time slot. All the details as prompted should be filled-in.
- The candidates are required you to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. The signature and photo scanned images should be as per the size provided, else the upload will be incomplete and so is your application.
- The uploaded images should be clear and visible and the candidate will be verified at the exam hall with the help of photo, so use the most recent photo of yours. The size of the scanned photo should not exceed 4KB to 50KB and sign should not exceed 1KB to 30KB.
- The fees can be paid online or offline mode. Online mode is easy as the payment is made on the spot. After completion of the submission take the printout of application form as a reference for further communication.
- Be alert and careful while submitting the details in the application form, the candidate name, parent’s names, date of birth and educational details should be correct. The candidates can rectify the errors in the application form in online mode.
Application Fee: The application fee for male candidates is Rs. 2950, females Rs. 2450 and NRI Rs. 4500. Payment through debit/credit card and net banking is possible. The fee once paid is non-refundable.
BITSAT 2019 Important Dates
|Commence of BITSAT application form||Third week of December 2018|
|Last date to apply online for BITSAT 2019||Third week of March 2019|
|Availability of application correction window||2nd Week of March 2019|
|Test center allotment||3rd Week of March 2019|
|Start date for slot booking||4th week of March 2019|
|Availability of BITSAT hall ticket||2nd week of April 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 exam date||3rd Week to May 2019|
|Release of BITSAT Scorecard||3rd of May 2019|
|Start of admissions based on class 12 marks||1st Week of May to 3rd week of June 2019|
|Registration for BITSAT counselling||4th week of May 2019|
|Deadline to receive completed application form with fee||3rd of June 2019|
|Release of admission and wait list after Iteration 1||3rd week of June 2019|
|Admission after Iteration II||4th week of June 2019|
|Admission after Iteration III||2nd week of July 2019|
|Admission after Iteration IV||3rd week of July 2019|
|Admission after Iteration V||4th week of July 2019|
The BITSAT 2019 exam is expected to be conducted in the third week of May 2019. The candidate can opt to write exam online at any of the centers in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. The candidate can select the exam center and time slot, but the final authority of the allotment retains with the BITSAT depending upon the allotment.
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
The BITSAT admit card 2019 will be available from the second week of April ti till the exam date. To download BITSAT hall ticket, candidates requires to login on bitsadmission.com and needs to provide application number, gender, date of birth and E-Mail id.
BITSAT admit card / hall ticket is the most important document that the candidate is required to carry along with him to the examination center. Find below the detailed procedure to download BITSAT Admit card 2019.
- Go to BITSAT official website, then select download hall ticket link.
- Enter your application number, gender, date of birth and E-Mail id
- Next click on proceed button, then BITSAT hall ticket 2019 will be available on screen.
- Applicant should check all the details present on the BITSAT admit card 2019 and download it.
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2019 syllabus and exam pattern announced. Candidate needs to prepare according to the subject wise syllabus for Mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, logical Reasoning and English proficiency subjects.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B. Pharm.)||45|
The candidates have to be thorough in class XI and class XII NCERT syllabus. There are a number of online coaching programs for BITSAT preparation. Practice mock test papers and the previous year’s question papers to face the exam with confidence.
This computer based test allows you to select the correct answer from multiple options available. You don’t have to carry the paper-pencil unlike the old versions. The computer randomly selects the questions from the server and gives question to the candidates. Each candidate will get a different set of questions. This makes the question paper tough and the candidates don’t have the option of cheating.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern: The BITSAT 2019 will be conducted in an online mode, the duration of which is 3 hours. The exam comprises of 4 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English & Logical Reasoning. All the questions are of objective type. The candidates are given +3 marks for every correct answer & -1 for wrong answer as penalty.
BITSAT Paper Pattern 2019 will have four parts:
- Part I: Physics
- Part II: Chemistry
- Part III: (a) English and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV: Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates)
Type of Questions:
Multiple choice questions and the candidates can choose one answer from the available options. Each correct answer carries 3 marks and incorrect answer has a negative marking of one mark. In case you are not sure of the answer better to skip rather than attempting to incorrect answer. There is no negative marking for un-attempted questions.
BITSAT is student friendly when compared to JEE Main exam or JEE Advanced exam wherein candidates do not have the option of changing the answers once selected.
BITSAT 2019 had 150 questions in total. After attempting all questions, students can chose to answer 12 extra questions. You cannot go back to correct the previous 150 question and these questions too carries negative marking, so be careful before attempting the extra questions.
Although the exam is computer-based, still candidates should get their own pen for rough work and also for signing the documents.
BITSAT Result 2019
BITSAT result 2019 are expected to be announced in the third week of June. Candidates can be checked BITSAT result by submitting application number and password on the official website bitsadmission.com. Candidates who have scored cut off marks can download their BITSAT scorecard as well.
BITSAT 2019 result and score card can be checked easily by following the below procedure:
- Go to the BITSAT official website and select result link.
- Enter your application number, password and security pin (image captcha).
- Then click on the submit button to check BITSAT result 2019, then scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Finally download the scorecard and take a printout of it for future reference.
BITSAT Counselling 2019
Candidates can register themselves for BITSAT 2019 counselling from end of May to end of June 2019. The counselling procedure will end in the last week of July 2019.
Candidates who have cleared class 12th exam with 75% marks in PCB/PCM and have qualified the BITSAT 2019 are eligible to take part in the counselling procedure.
BITSAT 2019 counselling has 4 easy steps, where candidate requires to follow the below procedure.
- Step 1: Registration for counselling
- Step 2: College & Course Selection by the applicant
- Step 3: Seat Allotment
- Step 4: Reporting at allotted institute
The candidates who got the lower ranks in merit list will be called in 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds of counselling in the decreasing order of their ranks in the merit list until the seats are filled.
If the allotted seat is not candidates 1st preference, then they will remain on the waiting list for the up-gradation, till all the admissions are finalized. For international students, admission will be made purely on the basis of score got by applicant in the SAT exam.