UPSC CAPF 2019: Recruitment notification & Apply online application form – CAPF Recruitment 2019 for 400 vacancies to be released on April 24, 2019 and online application form will be available till May 20, 2019. CAPF AC exam to be held on August 18, 2019, for that the candidates can download admit card from the first week of August 2019.
Union public services commission is a constitutional body which conducts the exam for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) AC (Assistant Commandant).
UPSC CAPF exam is conducted in 4 phases which includes a written exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests, Interview/Personality Test, Final Selection/Merit.
Table of Contents
CAPF 2019 Recruitment
CAPF Recruitment 2019: The candidate should look at the CAPF 2019 recruitment notification before applying for the CAPF AC exam.
The CAPF recruitment 2019 through this is done for 400 posts which includes the Border Security Forces, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
The exam will be conducted in August, 2019 and the result for the same will be available in the first week of Sep, 2019.
The age of the candidate appearing in the exam should be between 20 and 25 years i.e. should be born after August 2, 1994 and before August 1, 1999. A candidate should also have a Bachelor’s degree (B.Com / B.A. / B.Sc / B.Tech / BBA etc) from recognized university.
You would like to apply for CAPF AC Exam 2019? Here is all you need to know about CAPF 2019 exam dates, eligibility criteria, online application form, last date, syllabus, exam pattern, cut off, selection process, admit card, preparation and result.
CAPF AC Exam 2019 – Important dates
|CAPF (AC) exam 2019||Date|
|CAPF Application submission||April 24, 2019|
|CAPF Application last date||May 20, 2019|
|Release of CAPF Admit Card||August 4, 2019|
|CAPF exam date||August 18, 2019|
|Declaration of result||September 2019|
Let us look at the CAPF 2019 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- The CAPF application form will be released through online mode on April 24, 2019 & the applicants will be able to submit the application form April 24 to May 20, 2019.
- The last date to apply for CAPF AC exam is May 20, 2019. After the due date the applications will not be accepted by the authority.
- The CAPF admit card for written examination will be issued to the eligible candidates from August 4, 2019 to till the exam date.
- CAPF AC 2019 exam will be conducted on August 18, 2019 and comprises of two papers. The Paper I will be conducted in the morning at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. And paper II will be conducted at 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- The announcement of result for CAPF AC exam will be released through online mode in September 2019.
CAPF 2019 Eligibility criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria for the candidates to appear in the CAPF exam 2019.
The applicant should be a citizen of India. In case of the citizen of Bhutan and Nepal, they can also apply after the consent of the Indian government.
Both male and female candidates are eligible for the posts.
III. Age limit
The candidates need to be in the age group of 20-25 years of age and there is a relaxation of age for some of the categories.
- For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5 years
- Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category.
- Relaxation of 5 years for Civilian central govt servant.
- Candidates with domicile of Jammu and Kashmir, would also have a relaxation of 5 years.
IV. Education qualification
The candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in (B.Com / B.A. / B.Sc / B.Tech / BBA etc) from University recognized.
CAPF 2019 Application form
CAPF Application form 2019 for the ACs exam will be released on April 24, 2019 along with official notification. The application form will be available on the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
Some of the important notes related to the CAPF application form are:
- Candidate should carefully choose the examination center for the exam. Once the examination center is chosen it cannot be changed at a later stage.
- If the application form is incomplete, the application form will be rejected. Any application form not filled correctly will lead to the rejection of the application form.
- Application form for UPSC CAPF 2019 will be submitted only through online mode. The candidates applying for UPSC CAPF 2019 exam must confirm the eligibility conditions for admission to the exam.
CAPF application form filling is done in two parts, one is the registration and other is the filling of the application form. The registration process will lead to the creation of registration ID and password. Let us look at the detailed procedure for filling the CAPF application form:
Part I – CAPF Registration 2019
Step 1: Go to the registered website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
Step 2: After going to the official website, the candidate needs to click on “Apply online”
Step 3: This will open the CAPF 2019 application form. On the application form, the candidate needs to fill the important personal information such as:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Parents name of the candidate
- Address of the candidate
- Applying for the exam
- Email ID
- Mobile number of the candidate
Step 4: After submitting all the details, the candidate needs to click on the ‘submit’ button
Step 5: The registration details created will be sent on the registered email-ID. Now the candidate needs to fill the application form using the same link of website.
Part II: Fill in CAPF Application form 2019
Step 6: The candidate needs to go to the official website and provide the registration ID and password.
Step 7: After login, the candidate needs to provide the following important information:
- Academic qualification
- Category of the candidate i.e. ST / SC/ OBC / Central or State Govt. Employee / etc.
- Physical Measurement i.e. Chest, Height, Weight etc. and Fitness
- Center of the exam UPSC CAPF AC exam.
Step 8: Upload scanned images of the photograph and signature. The documents should follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- The file size of the photograph should be in between 3Kb to 40 Kb
- The file size of signature is 1Kb to 40 Kb
After providing all the details and uploading the documents, the candidate needs to click on the submit button. After submitting the form, the candidate needs to go to the payments page.
Step 9: The candidate can pay UPSC CAPF 2019 exam fee through Net Banking Facility of State Bank of India by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
The application fee can be paid through the online or offline mode. The offline mode for paying the fee can be selected using the “pay by cash” mode. Candidates should rake the print out of the system generated pay-in-slip and should deposit the fee at the SBI branch as soon as possible.
- For general category/unreserved/OBCs: fee is Rs. 200
- Women candidates: No fees
- ST/SC: No fees
Note: The candidates should pay the fee as per the category to which they belong.
Step 10: Finally take a print of submitted CAPF application form 2019 for future reference purpose.
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2019
CAPF Admit card 2019 will be released on August 4, 2019 and the exam will be held on August 18, 2019. Candidates can download their CAPF AC admit card 2019 by providing either Registration ID & Date of Birth OR Roll No. & Date of Birth OR Name, Father’s Name & Date of Birth on the official website upsc.gov.in.
Following is the detailed procedure for downloading the CAPF admit card 2019:
- The candidate needs to visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in
- After visiting the official website, the candidates needs to click on the CAPF Admit Card 2019.
- After Clicking on Admit Card for UPSC CAPF 2019, a form will open.
- On the form, the candidate needs to feed Information i.e. either Registration ID & Date of Birth OR Roll No. & Date of Birth OR Name, Father’s Name & Date of Birth
- After providing this information, the candidate needs to click on Submit
- This will open the admit Card on screen & Download it or Print it.
One should save the admit card for future purpose and should take the printout of the same as this is the most important document required in the examination center.
The candidates will be issued the admit card 3 weeks before the conduct of exam. Admit card for the exam will not be sent by post to the candidate. The candidate can however download the admit card through the official website.
Admit card to the candidate will not be sent by post. However the candidate can download the admit card by providing their registration ID and date of birth or roll number & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth whichever is available.
If the candidate does not receive the admit card 3 weeks before the examination, they should contact the authority. Complaint regarding UPSC CAPF Admit Card should be made from the Facilitation Counter at UPSC’s office either appearing individually or can contact over phone numbers as is mentioned here – 011-23381125 / 011- 23385271 / 011-23098543.
Candidate should also check UPSC CAPF 2019 admit card carefully and if any discrepancies or error is found put this to the notice of UPSC immediately.
UPSC CAPF Exam centers
The candidate can choose the center but it is up to the discretion of the UPSC to allot the examination center. In case the seats are filled at the chosen examination center, the UPSC authority will allot some other center. The exam centers are allotted as first cum first serve basis. So it is advised to fill the application form as early as possible.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2019
|Paper-I||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective||2 Hrs||250|
|Paper-II||General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension||Descriptive||3 Hrs||200|
UPSC CAPF exam pattern is similar to the previous year exam pattern. The exam is held in the offline mode. The exam consist of 3 levels which are written exam, Medical Test and Interview/ Personality Test.
Paper I: General ability and intelligence:
This paper is of 250 marks and consist of multiple choice questions which is conducted in both English and Hindi language.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension:
This paper is of 200 marks and the candidate will have the option to select the language for writing the essay in Hindi or English but for the remaining part of the paper, the candidate will not have any option and will have to answer in English only.
Marking scheme: For paper I, there is negative marking for wrong answer. 1/3rd marks will be deducted for the wrong answer given.
Following are some of the highlights of the CAPF AC exam:
- Mode of the CAPF exam: Offline (Pen and paper based exam)
- Number of questions: Non Standardized
- Maximum Marks: Written Test – 450 Marks Interview / Physical Test – 150 Marks
- Duration of the exam: Total duration is 5 hrs, 2 hrs for Paper I and 3 hrs for Paper II
- Sections in the paper: 1 section in paper I and 2 sections in paper II
Physical Efficiency Test will be conducted after the exam for selected candidates. Candidates need to perform the best in the following activities.
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 Meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2019
CAPF Syllabus 2019 for AC exam ( Paper I & Paper II) consist of various sections. In paper I, General ability and intelligence sections (objective questions) will be given for 250 marks and where as in paper II has General Studies, Essay and Comprehension section. Paper II is completely descriptive in manner and a candidate needs to complete the test in 180 minutes.
It is important for the candidate to check the syllabus, one should check the latest syllabus as there could be slight change in the syllabus as per latest guidelines. After looking at the syllabus, the candidate can bifurcate the different topics into easier and difficult topics. Candidates should prepare as per the syllabus shared by UPSC.
UPSC CAPF result 2019
The CAPF result 2019 for the AC exam is expected to be declared in the last week of September or in the first week of October, 2019. If a candidate secures the minimum cut-off marks only then the candidate will be qualified for paper II.
Merit list will be announced based on the performance in written exam and interview making the total to 600.
Result for UPSC CAPF 2019 will be published on official website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. Roll number of qualified candidate will be displayed. Result details will be shown some days later with Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Category and Marks obtained.
Following is the detailed procedure to download the UPSC CAPF 2019 result.
- The candidate needs to go to the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- After this the candidate needs to go to the CAPF ACs recruitment section.
- Next, candidate needs to click on the result link.
- Result will be displayed on the screen. save the result and take a print out of the same.
- Press Ctrl+ F and type roll number or name to check your result status.
UPSC CAPF cut off 2019
The cut off for CAPF AC exam will also be declared on the official website. The cutoff for the exam will be declared in the same way as the result of UPSC.
Find below the expected UPSC CAPF cut off 2019 for paper 1 (out of 250), paper 1 & 2 (out of 450) & final selection (out of 600).
|Category||Paper I||Paper I&II||Final Selection|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||110-120||170-180||270-280|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||90-100||150-160||250-260|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||90-100||145-155||245-255|
In UPSC CAPF 2019 written exam minimum qualifying marks may be different every time the exam is conducted. Ex-service man gets some relaxation on minimum qualifying marks in written exam.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks in Written Exam for Gen / ST / SC / OBC – 25%
- Minimum Qualifying Marks in Written Exam for Ex. Service Man – 20%
CAPF Selection Process 2019
CAPF AC selection process depends candidates performance in Written Exam, Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests, Interview and personality Test. Candidates who have cleared the written exam will be able to appear for the next round.
Selected candidate is eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandant. They must send or present original documents related to category, academic qualification, residential proof, admit card and scorecard etc. as is directed by the authorized office.
The candidates who have cleared all the different exams will lead to the formation of merit list based on which final selection will be done.
CAPF 2019 – FAQs
Q1. What is full form of CAPF AC?
The full form of CAPF AC is Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) AC (Assistant Commandant) Exam. It’s conducted by UPSC and the exam date is August 18, 2019.
Q2. What is the last date to apply for CAPF AC?
May 20, 2019 is the last date to apply for CAPF AC exam. After the last date, the UPSC CAPF online form will not accepted by the authority.
Q3. How to apply for CAPF AC exam?
To apply for CAPF AC exam 2019, a candidate should go to the official website upsc.gov.in (between April 24 and May 20, 2019) then select the link of CAPF(ACs) online registration & fill in the CAPF application form.
Q4: What is the CAPF AC selection process?
CAPF AC selection done based on candidate’s performance in written exam followed by physical efficiency test (PET) and interview.
Q5: How many times a candidate can apply for the CAPF exam?
There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can apply for the CAPF AC exam, the candidate just needs to check the eligibility criteria which also include the age limitation.
Q6: What is the Age limit for CAPF?
Answer: To apply for CAPF AC exam, the candidate should have a minimum age of 20 years and a maximum age of 25 years at the time of registration. However, there will be an upper age limit relaxation rules applicable for reserved category candidates.