GATE 2019 Result: Candidates eagerly wait for the GATE Result 2019 for getting admission in the postgraduate course or for any PSU vacancy. The main advantage of GATE is that there is no age limit for the candidates appearing for GATE exam and the results are valid for 3 years.
GATE 2019 examination held on February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019. Thanks to the organizers of GATE who releases the answer key to the results. The answer key for the exam conducted will be released by IIT Madras. The answer key can help students in assessing their probable score and hence the rank and the seat for the postgraduate course. The official answer key can be expected in the third week of February 2019.
Important dates related to GATE 2019 result
|GATE 2019 Examination||February 2, 3, 9 & 10, 2019|
|Declaration of GATE Result||March 16, 2019|
|Availability of GATE Score Card without Fee||March 20 to May 31, 2019|
|GATE Score Card with fee||From June 1 to December 31 , 2019|
How to Check GATE 2019 Result
GATE 2019 results are expected to be announced on 16th March 2019. Candidates can visit the website gate.iitm.ac.in for results. Candidates who have scored cut off marks can download their scorecard as well.
Here is the step-by-step guide to check the GATE 2019 results:
- Visit the website gate.iitm.ac.in and look for GATE 2019 results.
- You will be prompted for enrollment id, registration number and date of birth, these details should be same as in the GATE 2019 admit card and then click on the ‘submit’ button. In case you forget the password, the same can be retrieved with the help of email ID or phone number via OTP.
- The results of the candidate along with the marks scored and rank obtained will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidates who have qualified in the exam will be able to download their scorecard to furnish it for admissions and other processing.
Apart from the candidates name, GATE 2019 registration number and paper code, the following details will be mentioned in the GATE Result 2019.
- Secured marks out of 100
- Qualifying Marks for that GATE Paper
- All India Rank (AIR)
How to Download GATE 2019 Score Card
The GATE score card 2019 is valid for 3 years and it can be used for admissions till 16 March 2022. Qualified candidates can download the GATE score card 2019 from 20 March to 31 May 2019. It can be used for M.Tech/M.E and Ph.D admissions as well as the PSUs recruitment through GATE 2019. GATE 2019 score card will be valid for the maximum of 3 years.
Here is the step-by-step procedure to download GATE 2019 score card:
- Step 1: Visit the GATE 2019 website gate.iitm.ac.in and look for score card.
- Step 2: Then enter enrollment id, registration number and date of birth.
- Step 3: Click on the download/print option to get your GATE score card 2019.
Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) will have their own set of qualifying marks for the relevant post or position. The score card for eligible candidates will be available only for a limited period of time and candidates should download it the soonest possible.
GATE scorecard is expected to be available from March 20 to May 31, 2019. Cutoffs marks are very crucial for getting admission into the desired stream and also into a reputed college. The admissions on the merit basis would largely depend on the cutoff marks. They act as a criterion for candidate selection and admission over the other candidates.
A typical score card will have the following details of the candidate:
- Name of the candidate
- Registration Number
- Subjects opted for the exam
- Raw Score (Total Marks obtained out of 100)
- Validity of GATE 2019 Score Card
- All India Rank
- Qualifying Marks
Note: The candidates will have to pay Rs 500 after the stipulated time for downloading the scorecard.
GATE exam will have 3 sections subject questions, general aptitude and engineering mathematics/science. The exam will be conducted as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Questions (NAQ). Be careful while answering multiple choice questions as it carries negative marking and there is no negative marking for incorrect Numerical Answer Questions.