GATE 2020: Application form & Notification – IIT Delhi will be conducted GATE 2020 exam (date) tentatively on February 2, 3 9 & 10, 2020. Candidates can use their GATE Score cards to get admission in PG courses like MS, M.Tech, ME and Ph.D.
GATE 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020 ) is a national level exam organized by IIT Delhi for this year to help students secure admission in post graduate exams all over India.
According to the exam calendar released by IIT Delhi, the GATE 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted likely on February 2, 3, 9 &10, 2020.
If you wanna pursue post graduate program in the top most institutes in India like IITs, IISc, NITs and other universities with free scholarship or looking for researched based careers in government owned companies? then GATE 2020 will be perfect choice to fulfill your dreams.
- Admissions to M.Tech/M.E and Ph.D Programs
- Scholarships by MHRD
- PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for GATE 2020 must be familiar with the exam pattern, notification, online application process, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, cut off, result and careers through GATE 2020 score card.
Table of Contents
GATE 2020 Notification
GATE 2020 will be organized by IIT Delhi this year on rotation basis. The official GATE 2020 notification is expected to be release in the first week of September this year at the official website of GATE 2020 i.e. gate.iitd.ac.in.
|GATE 2020 Event||Details|
|GATE 2020 registration||Apply Now|
|GATE 2020 Preparation||Get Tips|
|GATE 2020 Admit Card||Download|
|GATE 2020 Result||Check Here|
|CCMT GATE Counselling||Check Here|
The information below in table shows the list of 23 papers in GATE 2020, candidates can apply online for any one paper only.
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Life Sciences||XL|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Computer Science &|
|Electronics and Communication|
|EC||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering &Fibre Science||TF|
|Engineering Sciences||XE||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
Almost all institutes like IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and various other institutes accept the score card of GATE 2020 for admissions to M.Tech/M.E and Ph.D. programs. The GATE Committee conducts the exam every year at the eight zones in the country. PSUs also consider the GATE Score to offer prestigious jobs to deserving candidates with attractive remuneration.
All the candidates who registered themselves for GATE 2020 will be able to download the admit card in January 2020. The exam for GATE 2020 is expected to be held in the first week of Feb 2020. All the aspiring candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website (www.gate.iitd.ac.in).
GATE 2020 Registration
GATE 2020 application form: GATE 2020 registration is expected to begin on September 1, 2019 and will stay open till October 5, 2019. Candidates can also request the change in the city of examination till November 17, 2019. These are the tentative dates; candidates can check the exact dates after the release of the official notification of GATE 2020.
It is advisable to complete the GATE 2020 registration before the last date i.e. October 5, 2019 and fill the GATE 2020 application form carefully as no changes (except exam city with additional fee) will be allowed once you submit the application form.
How to Submit GATE application form 2020
Follow the below given 6 easy steps to submit GATE 2020 application form.
Simple procedure to fill the GATE 2020 application form.
- Step 1: GATE 2020 Registration through GOAPS
- Step 2: Fill in the GATE 2020 Application Form.
- Step 3: Upload scanned images (photograph, signature and certificate)
- Step 4: Preview filled GATE 2020 application form and make corrections, if required.
- Step 5: Pay registration fee through online payment gateway.
- Step 6: Check your mail for confirmation.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
GATE 2020 Application fee can be paid by using any of the below-listed modes of payments:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net banking
For Women/ST/SC/PWD candidates, the GATE 2020 application fee is Rs. 750, while for other candidates, it is Rs. 1500. The application fee for International candidates is $50. The below mentioned GATE application fee is excluding service charges and processing fee.
|Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|Male Category (General/ OBC) and Others||Rs. 1500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD and Women (All Categories)||Rs. 750|
|International Students -Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|International Students – Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US $50|
The candidates are requested to fill the application form carefully in order to prevent their candidature from cancellation. To know more, visit the official site of GATE.
GATE 2020 Application form Correction
The following corrections will be accepted in the GATE 2020 application form upon submitting a valid proof. Below find the documents required to make corrections in GATE application form 2020.
|S.No||Type of Correction||Required Proofs for Correction|
|1||Name of Candidate||Class 10 Standard Certificate/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/Driving License/Passport|
|2||Date of Birth||Birth Certificate/ Class 10 Certificate/ Passport|
|3||Name of Parent||Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/ Driving License/ Passport|
|4||Qualifying Degree, Year and Status||Degree Certificate or|
Final Year/Semester Mark Sheet or
Certificate with seal and signature of HoD/Principal/Competent Authority
GATE 2020 Exam Date
The information below shows the all important dates of GATE 2020.
|GATE 2020 Events||Dates (Likely)|
|GATE 2020 registration starts||September 1, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit GATE 2020 Application Form||October 5, 2019|
|Change Exam City||November 17, 2019|
|Release of GATE 2020 Admit Card||January 1, 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam|
Forenoon: 9:00 am to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
| February 2, 2020 (Saturday)|
February 3, 2020 (Sunday)
February 9, 2020 (Saturday)
February 10, 2020 (Sunday)
|Announcement of Result||March 2020|
Find below the important dates of GATE 2020:
- The GATE 2020 notification for written examination will be out in Sep 2019. GATE 2020 will be conducted by IIT Delhi.
- The eligible candidates tentatively can fill the GATE 2020 application form in an online mode at iitd.ac.in from September 1 to October 5, 2019. After the last date the applications will not be accepted by the authority.
- The GATE 2020 admit card will be issued by IIT Delhi for all the eligible applicants from the first wee of Jan 2020.
- The GATE 2020 exam will be conducted tentatively on February 2, 3 9 & 10, 2020.
- IIT Delhi will be declared GATE 2020 result by mid of March 2020.
GATE Eligibility 2020
GATE 2020 eligibility criteria: Before starting the process of GATE 2020 online application form submission, candidates should check the following eligibility requirements to make sure for GATE 2020 application acceptance.
Those who are interested to take the GATE exam must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university and the final year students are also eligible to appear for the GATE 2020, but they should have to submit a proof of passing the exam while attending for GATE counselling 2020.
A candidate have to meet any one of the following educational qualification criteria to appear for the GATE exam 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree Completed/Studying the final year in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology).
- Bachelor’s degree Completed/Studying the final year of 5 years Architecture program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in B.Sc.(Research)/ B.S of 4 years after 10+2 program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of the course.
- Master’s degree M.Sc./ M.A./ MCA or equivalent program holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications.
- 4 years Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and the final year students.
- 5 years Integrated M. Sc/B.S./M.S Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology
- Students who obtained B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch equivalent examinations conducted by Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE
There is no max and min age requirements to appear for the GATE exam 2020.
Indian citizens and the candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia and the UAE are also eligible to appear for the GATE exam.
GATE Admit Card 2020
GATE Admit Card 2020 download: The admit card of GATE 2020 will be available on 4 January 2020. To download GATE 2020 admit card, candidates requires to login on gate.iitm.ac.in and needs to provide registration ID and password.
Once the GATE 2020 admit card released, exam center can’t be changed and requests regarding change of exam centers will not be accepted.
The candidates are required to fill the GATE 2020 enrollment ID or registered email ID, password and captcha for a successful login. After filling the details, candidates can download the GATE admit card 2020.
Steps to download GATE 2020 admit card:
- Log in to the official website of GATE 2020 at gate.iitd.ac.in
- Fill the enrollment ID or registered email ID, password and captcha to login.
- Access your GATE 2020 admit card, download it and take a print out too.
If a candidate forgotten GATE 2020 enrollment ID or password, it can be easily recovered by selecting “Forgot Enrollment ID or password” option on GATE 2020 admit card page. Select appropriate option (either password or enrollment ID) and provide email ID or registered mobile number to recover GAT 2020 login credentials.
Candidates has 2 options to recover their enrollment ID or password. Use any of the following method and download the GATE admit card 2020.
- Recover GATE 2020 Password: Using the registered mobile number through “Request for OTP”
- Recover Gate 2020 Enrollment ID: Using the registered email ID through “forgot enrollment ID”
GATE 2020 Result
The GATE 2020 result is expected to be out on 16 March 2020. It can be easily checked by providing GATE 2020 enrollment ID and date of birth. Only candidates who will clear the GATE exam by getting minimum qualifying marks will be allowed to get admissions into IITs, NITs and other institutes. Make sure to download GATE Score card 2020, which will helpful for admissions, counselling and even required for interviews.
How to check GATE Result 2020
Simply follow the below given procedure to check the gate result 2020 and download score card as well.
- Click on the direct link of the gate 2020 result.
- Enter GATE 2020 Registration ID, Enrollment No and date of birth in relevant fields.
- Then click on the submit button, it will show whether the candidate is qualified or not.
- If a candidate qualified in GATE 2020, then he/she can download GATE score card, which contains the marks, overall qualifying marks and All India Rank (AIR).
- Finally, click on download button to get the result and a scorecard of GATE 2020.
The GATE score card 2020 is valid for 3 years and it can be used for admissions till 16 March 2022. Qualified candidates can download the GATE score card 2020 will be available for download from 20 March to 31 May 2020. It can be used for M.Tech/M.E and Ph.D admissions as well as the PSUs recruitment through GATE 2020.
Apart from the candidates name, registration number and paper code, the following details will be mentioned in the GATE Result 2020.
- Secured marks out of 100
- Qualifying Marks for that GATE Paper
- All India Rank (AIR)
GATE 2020 Cut off
GATE Cut off 2020: The cut off for GATE exam varies every year and totally depends on the difficulty level of the question paper. The GATE cut off 2020 marks are also treated as qualifying score to apply online for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020. It’s entrance exam for admission into post graduate engineering courses in the country’s top most institutes i.e. IITs, IISc and NITs.
The GATE cut off 2020 will be released by IIT Delhi after the declaration of the result. Meanwhile, the expected GATE cut off 2020 by various premier institutes and coaching centers can be checked in the below table. All those candidates who manage to reach the cut offs in the GATE exam, they can select attend for counselling to get admission based on GATE score card 2020.
Here is the last year GATE cut off 2019 for general category, OBC, SC, ST and PwD candidates.
GATE Cut off 2019:
|S.N||Paper Name||Paper Code||General||OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/PwD|
|3||Architecture and Planning||AR||43.9||39.5||29.2|
|7||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||25||22.5||16.6|
|9||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||25||22.5||16.6|
|11||Ecology and Evolution||EY||49.3||44.3||32.8|
|12||Geology and Geophysics||GG||32.4||29.1||21.5|
|20||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||32||28.8||21.3|
|21||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF||32.2||28.9||21.4|
GATE Counselling 2020
GATE 2020 counselling will organize through CCMT from the first week of April 2020. Only qualified candidates in the GATE exam are eligible for admissions to M.Tech programs in IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and other institutes.
Follow the below given 6 steps for CCMT 2020 counselling and seat allotment procedure.
- Step 1: Online Registration through CCMT.
- Step 2: Seat allotment
- Step 3: Fee Payment for seat acceptance
- Step 4: Documents Verification at Reporting Center
- Step 5 :Fee Payment for seat confirmation
- Step 6: Reporting at allotted Institutes
GATE Syllabus 2020
The GATE syllabus, that tests the candidates performance in General aptitude, engineering math and technical subject with 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Each section of aptitude and Mathematics comprises 15 marks.The total score of the GATE exam is 100 and the time duration is 3 hours.
GATE 2020 syllabus and exam pattern can be downloaded directly from the following links.
|Section||Question No||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|Engineering||26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Question: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3hrs|
|Technical Section:70 Marks||General Aptitude:15 Marks||Engineering Mathematics:15 Marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
Negative Marks in the GATE Exam 2020:
Multiple choice and numerical answer type questions will be given in the GATE exam 2020. For every wrong answer marked by the candidate, there will be negative marks to be awarded based on the type of question. Refer the following negative marking scheme for GATE 2020.
- 1 mark Multiple choice Questions: 1/3 negative mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- 2 mark Multiple choice Questions: 2/3 negative mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- NAT Questions: No negative marks for Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
- If a question not attempted: No negative marks and zero marks will be given for un-attempted questions
GATE Preparation 2020: It is important to have a proper GATE preparation plan and the make best use of the hard work done to crack the exam.
- GATE Online Test Series: There are plenty of institutes offering free and premium GATE online test series, candidates should take advantage over there with online practice tests.
- Effective Study Plan: Candidates should have a proper study plan for GATE preparation. Finish the entire syllabus and make short notes while preparing, which will be useful while revising concepts.
- Good Study Material: Buy the best GATE Preparation books and try to solve practice previous years papers. Both the theoretical and numerical problems should be studied together for the exam.
- Consistent Preparation: Candidates should maintain consistency during GATE preparation. Study for short hours and 10 to 15 minute break will do fine for each hour. Develop a routine GATE study plan for at least 3 months.
GATE FAQs 2020
Who conducted GATE 2020?
GATE 2020 will be conducted by IIT Delhi in online mode tentetively on 02, 03, 09 & 10 February 2020. Every year, the GATE exam will be organized on rotation basis jointly by the IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs on behalf of the National Co-ordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India.
What is the last date for GATE 2020?
According to the GATE 2020 official website, the last date to register for GATE 2020 will be September 21. However, the last date to change of exam city will be November 16.
Who is eligible for GATE exam?
Education qualification is the only eligibility criteria to appear in GATE exam 2020. Bachelor’s degree Completed/Studying the final year in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology). Refer the eligibility section to know more on GATE eligibility 2020.
How many attempts are there for GATE?
There is no limit in GATE exam. You can give GATE exam as many time as you can.
How to apply for GATE 2020?
To apply for GATE 2020, candidates should register through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) and fill in the GATE 2020 application form. Next, upload documents and Payment of fees through credit card, debit card or net banking.
What are the documents required for GATE 2020?
Valid Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address). On the other hand, foreign students must have Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID as one of the identity proof.
What is the fees for GATE 2020?
GATE 2020 application fee is Rs. 1500 for Male (General/OBC) students, Rs. 750 for SC/ST/Pwd and all women candidates and $50 for international students.
Is the Admit Card alone sufficient to GATE?
GATE admit card is alone not sufficient, along with it the candidates need to bring any of original and valid photo Identity Document such as Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License.