JEE Main application form 2020: JEE Main 2020 registration process is mainly divided into four simple steps which include: Registration, filling basic details, uploading images and paying fees using any of the available modes of payment.
The registration process for JEE Main 2020 is expected to be commenced in December this year. Candidates can register themselves using an online mode of registration. Organized by NTA, JEE Main is a national level exam conducted for enrolling students in India’s top universities for Undergraduate programs like engineering and architecture courses.
JEE Main Application form 2020
JEE Main 2020 registration to be started likely on 1st December 2018 and the last date to complete the submission of JEE Main application form 2020 would be on 1st January 2020. Candidates can also utilize JEE Main application correction facility to make changes before the last date – 22 Jan 2020.
|JEE Main 2020 registration event||Dates|
|Commencement of Registration||1 Dec 2018|
|Last date to submit JEE Main Application Form||1 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit Fee||2 Jan 2020|
|JEE Main Application form correction facility||9–22 Jan 2020|
All the aspiring candidates can visit the JEE Main 2020 official website (jeemain.nic.in) to register online. Candidates can apply anytime between 1st Dec 2018 and 1st Jan 2020. To complete the registration process, candidates can make the payment online. It is advisable to fill the JEE Main online application form carefully as no changes will be allowed once you submit the application form.
The registration process for JEE Main 2020:
- To start the registration process, go to the official website (www.jeemain.nic.in)
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2020“.
- Click on the “Proceed to apply online” button after reading the instructions carefully.
- Fill all the details carefully in the authentication form after reading the instructions and submit it.
- Next, you will be directed to JEE Main 2020 Application form.
- Fill all the basic details which include personal details, academic, test center, etc.
- After filling the details, check them once again and verify the details before submission.
- Go to the “upload scanned images” option to upload the image.
- To upload images, go to the “Browse” button and choose the images.
- After choosing the images and signatures of both candidate and guardian, click on the “Final upload” button.
- To submit the fee, go to the “pay examination fee” section.
- Candidates can pay the fees using any of the online and offline payment options.
- After the successful fee payment, log in again using your application number and password.
- Go to the “Print Acknowledgment Page”, click on it to take the printout.
- It is suggested to keep the printout of application form safe for future reference.
In case candidates forget the Application form of JEE MAIN 2020, click on “I can’t access my account” button and follow the instructions to recover your application.
JEE Main Application fee Payment
If the candidate has selected to give one paper, then they can also change it and choose to give both papers. Candidates will be required to pay the additional fee for the second paper. But remember fees once paid will not be refunded in any case.
|Papers||Online Mode Exam Fee||Offline Mode Exam Fee|
|For Exam Centers Opted in India|
|JEE Main (Paper 1) OR JEE Main (Paper 2)||Rs. 500||Rs. 250||Rs. 250||Rs. 250||Rs. 1000||Rs. 500||Rs. 500||Rs. 500|
|Both JEE Main (Paper 1) and JEE Main (Paper 2)||Rs. 1300||Rs. 650||Rs. 650||Rs. 650||Rs. 1800||Rs. 900||Rs. 900||Rs. 900|
|For Exam Centers Opted in Foreign Country|
|JEE Main (Paper 1) OR JEE Main (Paper 2)||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250||Rs. 1250||Rs. 1250||Rs. 2500||Rs. 1250||Rs. 1250||Rs. 1250|
|Both JEE Main (Paper 1) and JEE Main (Paper 2)||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900||Rs. 1900||Rs. 1900||Rs. 3800||Rs. 1900||Rs. 1900||Rs. 1900|
Mode of Payment- Candidates can pay their fees using any of the online modes of payment. Fees can submit using Credit card/Debit card, E-wallet of Paytm/SBI Buddy, and E-Challan of ICICI/ CANARA/ SYNDICATE BANK.
JEE MAIN 2020 Correction Process
Many candidates often make mistakes while filling the forms. So to help candidates make the changes in the details filled and image uploaded, NTA has started JEE Main 2020 correction facility. The correction window gets open soon after the submission of the forms so that candidates can make the changes as per their desire. Visit the official website to access the link.
Candidates can log in themselves using the registration number and password to access the correction window. Candidates must know that all the details can be changed in the application form but the mode of the exam cannot be changed from Pen and Paper to Computer-based or vice versa.
Candidates might also be required to pay the extra application fee according to the editing of details. The extra application fee can be paid using online or e-challan mode. Candidates can also change the images uploaded using the Application form correction window.
The registration process for JEE Main 2020 is expected to be started in December, while the application form correction window will begin in January. After the release of the application form, candidates can use the application form correction window to make the desired changes. It is of utmost importance to go through the details carefully and verify all the details before the final submission.
NOTE: Candidates can use the application form correction window only once and no changes will be entertained later. So it is suggested to ensure that you have filled the details carefully to save your candidature from rejection.
How to make the correction in JEE Main Application Form 2020:
Here is how to make the changes in the application form in JEE Main 2020:
- Visit the official site of JEE MAIN 2020 (jeemain.nic.in) and click on the correction link.
- Enter the application number and password for a successful login.
- Also, fill the security pin and click on the “Login” button.
- Now you will be directed to a new window, click on “Manage Form Particular Corrections” to make the required changes.
- Go on to the sections that you wish to make changes in. Make the needed changes and pay the fees for editing and submit the corrected application form.
What are the details that can be changed in JEE MAIN 2020 Application form?
National Testing Agency (NTA) has now allowed candidates to edit the details in the application form with the help of application form correction window. Unlike last year, now NTA has also allowed candidates to make changes in their Aadhaar details in the application form. Fill the details carefully as CBSE validate the Aadhaar details with the UIDIA as well as school records. Your Aadhaar card number must contain 14 digits including the ‘/’.
However, candidates can edit the changes only in below cases:
- If the candidate has paid the application fee, then he is allowed to make the changes.
- Completed all the steps carefully and completed the registration process successfully.
What are the details that cannot be changed in JEE MAIN 2020 Application form?
Yes, it is a fact that candidates cannot change all the details, so must fill the details carefully. As mentioned above, once you select the mode of examination, it cannot be changed from pen and paper to computer-based test or vice versa.
Image Correction in JEE MAIN 2020 Application Form
For validation of form, it is really important to upload the images carefully. Remember that the image you upload in the application form will also be used in the admit card as well as the rank card. Hence, it is really important to ensure that it is in the right format and how you want it to be.
Check the below table to know the acceptable image size and format for JEE Main 2020 application form.
|Photograph||JPEG||4KB to 40KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPEG||1 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Signature of Father/ Mother/ Guardian||JPEG||1 KB to 30 kb||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
There are mainly three images that candidates need to upload which include Signature of the candidate, Signature Mother/Father/Guardian, and photograph of the candidate.
So register your candidature as soon as the registration process starts and don’t wait for the last date to fill the jee main application form 2020. Also have a look on JEE Main counselling and seat allotment process.