JEE Main Cut off 2020: National Testing Agency will release the qualifying cut off and the results of the JEE main exam in the first week of February. Candidates can check their cutoff for the exam 2020 by going on the result portal online.
The portal will display the category wise cut-off of the JEE Main exam. The qualifying marks in the JEE Main exam is the minimum marks student of each category needs to achieve to appear for the JEE advanced.
Similarly, cutoff released by the JOSAA will provide the cutoff list by the participatory colleges. One can see if they have qualified for a particular college or not. The list provided by JOSAA is detailed and provide cut off list for different colleges by a category and by a branch.
There are two cut-off lists released for the JEE exam. One is called the admission cutoff and the other is the qualifying cutoff. Qualifying cutoff decides if the candidate has qualified for the JEE advanced or not and the admission cutoff decides if the cutoff for a specific college is cleared or not.
Factors that determine JEE main cutoff 2020 are: There are various factors that determine the clearing of the cutoff. These factors include:
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Total applications received for the program to which candidate wants admission.
- Total number of seats available in a particular college or in particular branch.
- Difficulty level of the exam.
- Category to which admission is sought.
Therefore, if the number of seats increase in the college then the cutoff would decrease similarly vice-versa if the seats decrease in the college then the cut-offs would increase.
One can get the idea of the cut-offs only after the actual release of the cut-off, however one can go through the cut-off the previous year to get a rough idea how the cut-off would come for this year.
JEE Main cut off trend and analysis: One can see the cut-offs of the certain previous years and can come to know how the trend of cut off is going. A simple look at the cut-off and can help analyze that the cut off for the general category has gone down over the years. This may be attributed to several reasons.
- The difficulty level of the exam has increased over time.
- The number of candidates who appearing for the exam and clearing the initial cut off list has drastically increased over the years.
- Performance of the candidates in the exam has decreased over the years. There is a huge difference between the marks for the toppers and the average marks.
Candidates can also check the cutoff released by various coaching institutes to get a fair idea about their performance and their chances before the actual release of cut-off. This will help them mentally prepare for the final cut off and would also help them formulate a strategy in case they acan’t clear the cut off of their preferred college.