JKCET 2020: Application form & Exam Date – JKCET 2020 is Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test, which is conducted by Jammu & Kashmir board of Professional Entrance Examination (JKBOPEE) to offer admission in various Government & private institute of J&K. It’s a state-level examination. The JKCET 2020 application form is available on its official website in 1st week of February. The result declaration occurs in the 2nd week of May. The counselling procedure starts in 1st week of June.
Table of Contents
JKCET 2020 Important Dates
JKBOPEE will be held JKCET 2020 entrance exam likely on 17th April 2020. Important dates of the JKCET 2020 exam and schedule are listed below.
The JKCET 2020 exam is conducted on 17th April in an offline mode across numerous cities of Jammu & Srinagar. There are total 15 exam centers for JKCET 2020. 9 Examination centers are in Srinagar & 6 centers in Jammu.
The BOPEE has the authority for allotment of exam centers to candidate. The name & location of the center is provided on the admit card. The examination centre once allotted by BOPEE i.e. Board of Professional Engineering Examination cannot be change at any cost, so the applicants are advised to carefully select their examination.
List of Engineering Colleges under JKCET 2020
- Govt. college of Engineering & Technology, Jammu.
- SSM College of Engineering & Technology.
- Yoganda College of Engineering & Technology.
- Model Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jammu.
- Mahant Bachittar Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Jammu.
Jammu & Kashmir Medical College – The admission to the Jammu & Kashmir medical college will be based on the performance in the NEET exam and no separate medical entrance examination is conducted by the authority. BAMS, BDS, BUMS, BPT courses admission will also be based on NEET score.
JKCET 2020 Application form
JKCET 2020 Application form will available from 1st week of Feb to 3rd week of March on JKBOPEE website i.e jkbopee.gov.in. Candidates need to follow the given procedure to easily submit JKCET application form 2020 by providing necessary details & documents and making fee payment.
Learn how to apply online for JKCET 2020 by following 5 easy steps, each one explained clearly below.
Here we guide you to fill in the online form for JKCET 2020 a step wise manner.
- Step 1: Fill in the JKCET application form
- Step 2: Upload Images
- Step 3: Review & Submit Application form
- Step 4: Fee payment
- Step 5: Upload Documents
- Step 6: Download or take a print of the form.
The candidates are advised not to forget to take the printout of the JKCET 2020 application form for future use. No need to send the hard copy of the application form to the authority.
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the entire JKCET 2020 eligibility criteria so that they can know whether they can sit in the exam or not. Below is provided JKCET 2020 eligibility criteria which include nationality, age criteria & qualification criteria.
The minimum age limit is 17 years for JKCET 2020. There is no upper age limit for JKCET 2020 examinations.
Candidates must be having the citizenship of India only.
Applicant needs to be the permanent resident of J&K.
Candidates should have passed 12th standard or its equivalent examination from the recognized board or university. The candidate should have the education qualification of the 12th or equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks, in case reserved category the qualifying marks is 40%.
The JKCET 2020 aspiring candidates must have physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English as the primary subjects. Those candidates who are going to appear in class 12th examination are also eligible for JKCET 2020.
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of JKCET 2020 will have the topics which the students have already studied in class 11th & 12th in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The excellent thing is that the students can prepare for JKCET 2020 while preparing the board exams even.
The candidate should prepare well for the entrance examination & score well. This will enable them to get admission in top – notch engineering college of Jammu & Kashmir. But for good preparation, the students need to know the syllabus of JKCET 2020.
Let us discuss the names of utmost important topics which are asked in JKCET.
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electrostatic Induction & AC.
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Chemistry Bonding & Molecular structure.
- Chemistry of Representation Elements
- Coordination Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Solid States & States of matter.
- Sequence & series.
- Bionomical Theorem
- Permutation & Combination
- Trigonometric & Inverse Trigonometric Functions.
- Integration & Differentiation equation
- Statics & Probability.
The above listed topics are so important that they can be called “do or die” topics even.
JKCET 2020 Admit Card Download
JKCET Admit Card 2020 download: The JKCET admit card 2020 will be available on 3rd April 2020. To download JKCET 2020 admit card, candidates requires to provide application number and date of birth on JKBOPEE website.. Once the JKCET 2020 admit card released, exam center can’t be changed and requests regarding change of exam centers will not be accepted.
The candidates are need to fill the JKCET 2020 application number and date of birth for a successful login on jkbopee.gov.in. After filling the details, candidates can download the JKCET admit card 2020.
Steps to Download JKCET 2020 Admit Card
- Log in to the JKCET 2020 official website i.e, jkbopee.gov.in
- Click on JKCET Admit Card 2020 link.
- Fill the application number and date of birth to login.
- Access your JKCET 2020 admit card, download it and take a print out too.
For the candidate, who are not able to download the admit card online. They can take the JKCET 2020 hall ticket at J&K BOPEE office on any of the working days by paying a fee of Rs 100/.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The JKCET 2020 will be conducted in 3rd week of April through an offline mode where the applicant will be provided with an OMR sheet & he/she has to darken the circle of the correct option.
- 180 Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam. 60 from Physics, 60 from Chemistry, & 60 from Mathematics.
- Single paper will be there for all the 3 subjects.
- The applicant will be awarded with 1 mark for each correct answer & .25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The total duration of entrance test is 3 hours.
- The entrance test will be held at the centers located in the cities of Srinagar & Jammu only.
JKCET 2020 Preparation Tips
JKCET will be conducted in April every year. It’s a state-level examination, which will be held in cities of Jammu & Srinagar. Below find the ways to prepare for JKCET 2020.
- Pay attention in School – The 1st thing that students can do is to pay full attention during school in class 11th & 12th. The topics covered during 11th and 12th are an important part of JKCET 2020 question paper.
- Coaching Classes – JKCET aspiring candidates can also join coaching classes if they can manage their time well.
- Keep yourself updated – Students should study as many previous year papers as possible. This will help the candidates to become familiar with the concept & pattern of JKCET 2020 exams.
- Practice Mock Test – After the complete preparation, the students can take timed – mock test & check whether they are able to complete in the given time. Students can also practice online test series after completing their syllabus.
- Clear your Doubts – JKCET 2020 aspirants are advised to clarify their Doubts by approaching to the school teachers or coaching teachers whenever they need. The smallest doubt should also be clarified by the candidates.
- Time Management – The candidates are advised to make a proper time schedule to finish the syllabus on time & have at least 3-4 days for revision of the entire syllabus.
- Physical Wellness – The candidates should not ignore their health also. They have to eat healthy food & at least take 7 hours of sleep.
JKCET 2020 cut off Marks
JKCET 2020 Cut off is the minimum marks that an applicant needs to score to be eligible for counselling process. To get the desired college & course combination, the student has to score the maximum marks. Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional entrance examination i.e. JKBOPEE will release the cutoff marks after the JKCET 2020 result declaration 2nd week of May.
JKCET 2020 Answer Key
JKBOPEE will release JKCET 2020 answer key in the 3rd week of April. The JKCET 2020 aspiring candidates can download the answer key of JKCET 2020 & predict their probable scores.
The JKCET 2020 answer keys will the students to evaluate their performance by matching their answers with the answers in the key. In case the applicant has any doubt regarding the JKCET 2020 answer key, he/ she can challenge the answer key by paying Rs. 100/- per question to the authority in the stipulated period of time.
JKCET 2020 Result
JKCET 2020 result likely to be out on 20th May 2020. Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Exam (JKBOPEE) will announce the JKCET result on jkbopee.gov.in in pdf format with full fledge merit list, which contains roll number, category, rank and name of the candidate. One can download JKCET result in pdf, then search for his/her roll number or name.
Easy Steps to Check the JKCET Results 2020
Below is the step-by-step procedure to check the JKCET results 2020.
- Step 1: Visit the JKBOPEE website jkbopee.gov.in and look for JKCET result 2020.
- Step 2: Click on the download/print option to download JKCET result 2020.
- Step 3: Open result PDF file and search your name or roll number to easily find your qualifying status.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
JKBOPEE will conduct the JKCET 2020 counselling for the admissions to the engineering colleges in the 4th week of May. The candidates need to register for the counselling through the use of application form. Providing the choice of colleges by the candidates is based in the choices of the candidate which is done at the time of registration for the counselling.
All those candidates who manage to clear JKCET 2020 exam, they will qualify to attend for the JKCET counselling, which is expected to be held in the fourth week of May 2020.
JKCET 2020 counselling procedure mainly involves following easy steps to select engineering colleges and get admission through choice filling.
- Step 1: Registration for counselling
- Step 2: Colleges Choice filling
- Step 3: Payment of counselling fee
- Step 4: Locking of the choice
- Step 5: Seat allotment
- Step 6: Reporting
If a candidate failed to attend for the first counselling, he/she can appear in the second round JKCET 2020 counselling. Following are the few scenarios to get eligibility for JKCET 2nd round counselling.
- Candidates who join/do not join the course/college will be able to participate in the second round.
- Those candidates who participated in Round I but failed to get allotted due to SNA or CNA.
- Who did not participate in Round 1 or failed to make the online payment.