Top Medical Colleges in Rajasthan
Medical Colleges in Rajasthan 2019: Being a medical practitioner is a noble profession which includes the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. India has seen the origin of medical science right from Ayurvedic and Unani medicines to allopathy. Rajasthan is the largest state of the country, and it houses several top ranked medical colleges. It is rich not only regarding culture and traditions but also regarding education and technology.
Numerous medical colleges that have bloomed in this state has improved the condition of medical education considerably. You can get admission in these colleges via state or national-level entrance examinations. Some colleges are affiliated to the private universities as well that provides admission based on the private entrance examination.
Here we bring you the best colleges for medical science in Rajasthan. These colleges have been rated based on parameters such as reputation, academics, infrastructure, placements, and fees.
Here’s the list of top rated medical colleges in Rajasthan for 2019.
1. SMS Medical college, Jaipur
As far as medical studies are concerned, Sawai Man Singh medical college is considered as the best institute in Rajasthan. It is a government college which was established in 1947 and is the 15th medical college of India. It boasts affiliation to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur and also MCI.
Every year 150 new students get an entry for MBBS course via merit in the entrance exam and constitutional reservations according to the rules of Central Government. The college has six hospitals and 32 departments attached to it.
- Location: Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Email: email@example.com
- Exam: AIPMT
- Courses offered: MBBS, MS, MD, Diploma, M.Ch.D.M, Ph.D., M.Sc. (Med), and Nursing courses.
- Website: www.smsmedicalcollege.webs.com
2. Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur
Named after the national hero Rabindranath Tagore, this college was founded in 1961 and has an affiliation to Medical Council of India. It is quite difficult to get admission in this reputed college. For MBBS you must have proficiency in core subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
There are only 100 seats for M.B.B.S and 92 seats for postgraduate degree courses. Limited seats are available for diploma and DM Cardiology course, i.e., 12 and two respectively. Admission for M.B.B.S course depends upon the merit in AIPMT or NEET-UG exam conducted by C.B.S.E or the Rajasthan Pre-Medical Test by Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. There is reservation for the government of India nominees too.
- Address: Bhopalpura, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exam: AIPMT, NEET-UG, Rajasthan Pre-medical test, Rajasthan Pre-PG medical Examination, All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination
- Courses offered: M.B.B.S., Postgraduate diploma and degree courses in Medical Science.
- Website: www.rntgoldfest.com
3. Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
Established in 1959, this is a government college in Rajasthan. It is the second oldest college in Rajasthan. Every year 150 seats are available for M.B.B.S, 18 seats for a diploma, 1 for DM cardiology and 63 for post graduation courses. There are eight separate hostels available for students. It has a big campus and is one of the best colleges in Rajasthan. Admission to this college is based on the merit in AIPMT or NEET-UG examination. There are seats reserved for minorities according to the centralized rules of the state government.
- Location: Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Email: email@example.com
- Exam: AIPMT or NEET-UG
- Courses offered: M.B.B.S., post graduation and diploma courses, DM Cardiology.
- Website: www.spmcbkn.com
4. Dr. S.N. Medical College
Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College was established in the year 1965. It is a government college and admission to this college is via the AIPMT entrance exam conducted by C.B.S.E and the regional R.P.M.T. exam at the state level. It has an affiliation to the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur.
There are 100-120 seats available every year for the under-graduate M.B.B.S course, and the total seats available for all courses in this college is 250 per year. The college offers post-graduation courses in 19 different streams. For post-graduation, the candidate must hold merit in the All India Pre PG Exam or the Rajasthan Premedical PG Exam.
- Location: Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exam: AIPMT, RPMT, All India PrePG exam, Rajasthan Pre-PG Exam.
- Courses offered: M.B.B.S, Post graduation
- Website: www.medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in/jodhpur/.
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
This government college of Rajasthan was established in 1965, and it is attached to the Victoria Hospital. Candidates can apply for MBBS, MD and MS degree courses in this college. It also offers some diploma courses in medical science. The college has affiliations with the Medical Council of India and the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences.
Admission to this institute is based on the premedical exam of NEET-UG, and for postgraduation courses, one must have merit in the NEET-PG examination. There is also reservation of 15% of seats for national quota candidates; some seats are reserved for underprivileged students and children of defense personnel. In all, there are 100 seats for MBBS, and 74 seats are available for postgraduate courses every year.
- Location: Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Email: email@example.com
- Exams: NEET-UG, NEET-PG
- Courses offered: MBBS, Post graduation.
- Website: http://www.education.rajasthan.gov.in/jlnmcajmer
6. Government Medical College (GMC), Kota
Established in the year 1992, this college has affiliations to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi as well as to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur. Admission to this college is via the national level NEET-UG as well as state-level RPMT examination. There are numerous undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses offered by this college. Every year there are 150 seats allocated for MBBS course in this college.
- Location: Kota, Rajasthan.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exams: NEET-UG, RPMT
- Courses offered: Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical science.
- Website: medicaleducation.rajasthan.gov.in/kota
7. Jhalawar Medical College (JMC)
This college has recently been established in Rajasthan in the year 2008. Annual seat quota for MBBS in this college is 100 seats. It is very difficult to get admission in this college. Out of the 100 seat quota, 15 are allocated to NRI, 15 are for candidates getting merit in the AIPMT examination, 35 seats each is reserved for high tuition fee according to Bhargav commission and for RPMT candidates. There are 23 departments in this college, and it is associated with the Jhalawar Hospital in its campus.
- Location: Jhalawar, Rajasthan.
- Email: email@example.com
- Exams: AIPMT, RPMT.
- Courses offered: Undergraduate courses.
- Website: www.jmcjhalawar.org.
8. Mahatma Gandhi National Institute of Medical Science (MGNIMS)
Established in the year 2000, this college has shown exceptional performance since its beginning. It is located in the capital city of Jaipur and has got a high reputation. With 25 different departments, it offers MBBS as well as post graduate courses such as MS and MD. It has got affiliation with the Medical Council of India as well as the Rajasthan University.
- Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exams: AIPMT, RPMT.
- Courses offered: MBBS, MD, and MS.
- Website: www.mgmch.org.
9. National Institute of Medical Science and Research, Jaipur
This college is also known as NIMS Medical college, Jaipur and it was established in the year 2004. The college had an associated hospital and was established by the Indian Medical Trust, Jaipur, Rajasthan according to the norms of MCI, New Delhi. There are 20 departments in NIMS college which are a part of the NIMS University. It has affiliations with the MCI and DCI.
- Location: Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Exams: AIPMT
- Courses offered: MBBS
- Website: nimsuniversity.org
10. Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Udaipur
This college is associated with the Geetanjali Hospital, and it is one of the most renowned colleges in Rajasthan. Every year 150 students are permitted admission for the MBBS course. The MCI approves it. The Geetanjali hospital provides the best medical facilities in the state. It also offers MD, B.Sc, MS and Ph.D. degree courses in medical science.
- Location: Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exams: AIPMT, RPMT.
- Courses offered: MBBS, MS, MD, B.Sc, Ph.D.
- Website: geetanjaliuniversity.com