NDA 2019 Notification & Apply online application form – UPSC has announced NDA 2019 exam dates, according to the official NDA 2019 notification, the NDA (I) and NDA (II) exams will be conducted on April 21, 2019 and November 17, 2019 respectively.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the exam of NDA 2019. NDA (I & II) is a national level exam which helps to recruits the candidates in the Army, Navy and Air force. The exam is one of the most prestigious exam.
Table of Contents
NDA 2019 Notification
NDA 2019 notification: UPSC will release notification & online application form for NDA (I)-2019 on January 9, 2019. Candidates can apply online for NDA (I) 2019 exam on upsc.gov.in from Jan 9 to Feb 4, 2019. NDA 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on April 21, 2019.
UPSC NDA exam is conducted twice a year and known as NDA I and NDA II. The selection process of the exam include two rounds, written exam and the SSB interview round. Let us look at the overall process of the exam for 2019.
|Exam Name||NDA 2019|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||NDA (I) on April 21, 2019 NDA (II) on Nov 17, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: 10+2 Age Limit: 16.5 – 19.5 years|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||offline exam|
|Duration||Math: 150 minutes GK: 150 minutes|
|NDA Salary||INR 21,000 to 55,000|
|NDA Help Desk||011-23381125 / 23385271|
You would like to apply online for NDA Exam 2019? Here is all you need to know about NDA (I & II) exam dates, eligibility criteria, online application form, last date, syllabus, exam pattern, cut off, selection process, admit card, preparation and result.
NDA 2019 Eligibility criteria
Applicant should look at the following eligibility criteria of NDA exam and check if he satisfies all the condition. Else his candidature for the exam will be cancelled.
Age limit and marital status
The unmarried male candidates can apply for the NDA exam. The candidate should have a minimum age of 16.5 and a maximum age of 19.5 and the age is calculated as per the 10th certificate.
- Age limit for NDA (I) 2019 – A candidate must have born between January 2, 2000 to July 1, 2003.
- Age limit for NDA (II) 2019 – A candidate should have born between January 2, 2001 to July 1, 2004.
Any candidate who has been selected after qualifying the exam has to undertake not to marry for the duration of the training. Failure to observe this condition would cause the debarment of the candidate from NDA. Additionally, any charge incurred on him by the government is required to be refunded.
The educational qualification of the NDA exam varies slightly for the various divisions of armed forces:
- For army wing of NDA: Pass certificate in 10+2 exams via recognized board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defense Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidate should have passed Class 12th exam in the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Apart from this there are various physical requirements for the armed forces. There are specific weight and height requirements for the exam. One should go through the requirements before applying for the exam. The candidates with certain body defects and disease can not apply for the exam.
A candidate should check the requirements beforehand in order to be eligible for the exam.
The candidate applying for the exam should be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan or the candidate should be a Tibetan refugee who would have moved to India before 1962. The candidate should look at the details of the nationals who can apply in the notification.
NDA 2019 Important Dates
Check Important dates for NDA (I & II) – 2019
|NDA 2019 Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of notification||January 9, 2019||August 7, 2019|
|NDA Application form available||January 9, 2019||August 7, 2019|
|Last date to submit NDA application||February 4, 2019||September 3, 2019|
|Admit card release||April 10, 2019||November 7, 2019|
|Exam date||April 21, 2019||November 17, 2019|
|Declaration of result||May 2019||November 2019|
Let us look at the NDA (I) 2019 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- The NDA (I) application form will be released through online mode on January 9, 2019 & the applicants will be able to submit the application form January 9 to February 4, 2019.
- The admit card for NDA (I) 2019 will be issued to the eligible candidates from April 10 to till the exam date.
- The last date to fill the NDA online application form is May 20, 2019. NDA 2019 exam date announced and it will held on April 21, 2019.
- The announcement of result for NDA (I) will be released through online mode in May 2019.
- Candidates can refer the above table for NDA (II) important dates.
NDA 2019 Application form
NDA application form 2019 submissions will start from Jan 9, 2019 to Feb 4, 2019. It is advisable to apply online for NDA exam before the last date i.e. February 4, 2019. The candidates can fill the NDA 2019 application from through online process. The application process is divided into two parts – Part I and Part II.
In the part I, candidates need to fill the general details while in the part II, the candidates have to select their exam, pay the application fee and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
Candidate is also required to upload the scanned copy of signature and passport size photograph.
The signature and photograph should follow the below specifications:
The images should be in JPG format with photograph (3KB – 40KB) and signature (1KB – 40KB) size.
The applicant should fill the application form carefully as there is no correction form for the application form available. Candidate are not required to take the printout and send the application form.
Candidates are also required to pay the application fee for the exam. The candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card and SBI net banking.
Fee payment can also be done through challan of SBI bank. The application fee will be Rs. 100. SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors are exempted from the payment of application fee.
NDA Admit Card 2019
NDA admit card 2019 for NDA (I) will release on April 10, 2019. To download NDA 2019 admit card, candidates requires to login on upsc.gov.in and needs to provide registration ID/ roll number and date of birth. Find below the process to download NDA admit card from the official website:
How to Download NDA Admit Card 2019
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in.
- Click on direct link of NDA Admit Card 2019 – Download
- A new page will be opened on the computer screen.
- Then, click on the “Click Here” link under the section of “To download e-Admit Card”.
- Read the instructions carefully & click on “Yes” button.
- Take a printout copy of it for exam day.
- Now, select any of the given options, i.e. “By Registration ID” & “By Roll Number”.
- Fill your “Registration ID/Roll Number”.
- Select your “Date of Birth”.
- Now, click on the submit button.
- The NDA 2019 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it & take a print copy of it for further process.
Admit card is the most important document, the candidate needs to carry to the examination hall, and the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card. The candidates will not be sent hard copy of the admit card through post, they can only download the admit card through online process.
Following are some of the important points related to the admit card:
- Admit card of NDA I & II 2018 was neither be dispatched nor be sent via email or post or courier to any candidate under any circumstances.
- Do not mutilate, laminate or change any entry on the admit card as impersonation is a legally punishable offense.
- Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, pagers, laptops etc. are not permitted in the examination center. Know more If the candidate desires to change any information printed on the Admit card, contact NDA Office immediately.
Following are the details mentioned on the NDA admit card:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Photograph and signature
- Exam date and time
- Reporting time to the examination center
- Name and complete address of the examination center
- Center code
The exam center of the exam will be allotted based on the preference of the candidate and the availability of seats in the examination center. If the candidates are unable to download the admit card or in case there is any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidate should immediately contact the conducting authority and the things rectified.
NDA Exam Pattern 2019
|Exam duration||150 minutes||150 minutes|
|Sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||2.5 for correct and -0.83 for incorrect||4 for correct and -1.33 for incorrect|
|Medium||English & Hindi||English for English section. English and Hindi for GK section|
The aspirant should go through the NDA exam pattern 2019, this will help the candidate know the exam pattern and will help in preparing better for the exam. The exam consist of 2 sections.
- General Ability
The total duration for both the sections is 5 hrs. Those who clear the written exam need to appear for the SSB exam. UPSC will set the cutoff marks required to qualify for the interview. Candidates who qualify for the exam will be called for the 5 day selection process.
- All the questions in the exam will be objective i.e., Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- The medium of the exam will be bilingual with total 900 marks.
- Out of 270 questions, 120 questions are from Mathematics and 150 questions from General Ability section.
- There is provision of negative marking as per the marks allotted to questions asked.
- In Mathematics section, there will be total 120 questions of 300 marks.
- All questions will carry 2.5 marks each, which will only be allotted for choosing the correct answer. 0.83 Marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- General ability test will comprise 600 marks; 200 marks are allotted to English and 400 marks in total are allotted to General Knowledge.
- In this section, there will be total 150 questions, 50 from English and 100 from General Knowledge.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer in this section.
- A deduction of 1.33 Marks will be there for each wrong answer. There will be no mark for unanswered questions.
NDA Syllabus 2019
NDA Syllabus 2019: The syllabus covered under NDA 2019 is of CBSE 10+2 standards. Candidates should go through the NDA syllabus 2019 of the exam in detail in order to prepare better for the exam.
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Logarithms and their applications, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.
- English: Grammar and usage, Vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion
- General Knowledge – Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography, Current Events.
NDA Preparation Tips
The NDA exam involves extensive preparation for the exam, the primary thing is to check the syllabus of the exam in detail. After going through the syllabus of the exam, one should find the topics which are easier to them and the topics which are tough. The candidate should focus more on the topics which are tough.
- The candidate should focus on clearing the basics which will help in solving any type of questions in the exam.
- NDA is a competitive exam, therefore the candidate should start the preparation of the exam in advance as it takes time to prepare for the exam.
- The candidate should also go through the last year papers, this will help the candidate to check the pattern of the exam and would help identifying the topics to focus on.
- The candidate can also join a good coaching institute. A coaching institute can help in providing shortcuts for solving the questions, alongside clearing the basics for the exam.
- There are also plenty of books available in the market, one should buy books which are easier for understanding and provides shortcuts for solving the questions.
NDA Result 2019
NDA result 2019 will be declared 1 month after the conduct of the exam. UPSC will also release the answer key for the exam which will be released 1 week after the conduct of exam. The answer key will not be published officially. It will be released by various coaching institutions. Through answer key, candidates will be able to calculate their rough marks.
Steps to Check NDA Result 2019
Following is the procedure to check the NDA result 2019:
- Visit the official link of UPSC, upsc.gov.in.
- Click on the Result tab
- Search for the link provided for “NDA exam 2019 result/cut-off public merit list”.
- Click on the link, a pdf file will open.
- Press Ctrl+ F and type in your roll number or name.
Following are the details present on the result card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- NDA 2019 Exam Score & cut off
NDA Cut off 2019
NDA Cut off 2019: The cut off for NDA exam varies every year and totally depends on the difficulty level of the question paper. The NDA cut off 2019 will be released by UPSC after the declaration of the result. Meanwhile, the expected NDA cut off 2019 by various premier institutes and coaching centers can be checked in the following table.
Here is the expected NDA cut off 2019 along with previous years cut offs.
|Year||NDA (I)||NDA (II)|
NDA Selection Process 2019
Following is the overall NDA selection process 2019:
- Publication of NDA- II Written Examination Result: UPSC will prepare the list of candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as decided by the Commission. Roll number of candidates will be mentioned in the result sheets who have qualified for SSB Interview.
- Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview: The candidate will have to undergo five-day interview procedure at the allotted SSB centers. The date, time and venue for SSB interview will be intimated to the candidates through the call letter. Read SSB Interview Process in Hindi
- Medical Screening: Once the interview is complete, the candidates will be sent to for the complete medical examination at the command hospitals.
- Final Merit List: The marks obtained in the three stages viz. written examination, SSB Interview, and Medical Screening will be considered while preparing the final NDA Result 2019 which is expected to be declared by UPSC in the month of November 2019.
NDA 2019 FAQs
Q1: How many times a candidate can apply for the NDA exam?
There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can apply for the exam, the candidate just needs to check the eligibility criteria which also include the age limitation.
Q2: What are the documents required to fill in the NDA application form?
The candidates need to unload the scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the specifications.
Q3: What is the NDA selection procedure?
The candidates need to appear for the written exam and after that appear for the 5 day SSB procedure.