NEET Counselling 2019 : For the candidates who qualify in the NEET exam, MCC will be invited for the NEET 2019 counselling for all the 65000 MBBS seats and 25000 dental seats. These cover the medical colleges under government and private institutions.
Registration process for NEET counselling would begin from 2nd week of June, 2019. Candidates need to register for counselling in order to appear for counselling. Candidates would be allotted the seat on the basis of the rank. Seats that remain unfilled in the 1st round of counselling will be filled by the second round of counselling. Only 15% seats are filled through this, the rest 85% seats are filled through the state level counselling.
Following is the procedure and key points related to NEET counselling 2019:
- NEET counselling 2019 will be conducted through the online procedure.
- The complete counselling procedure will be conducted by Medical counselling committee i.e. MCC
- The candidates whose name appear in the Merit List of NEET needs to register themselves on the NEET website before the deadline.
- NEET will also be conducting an online mock counselling before the final allotment, this is done to make the students more conversant with the online procedure.
- The medical seat to the candidates appearing in the counselling will be provided based on the rank a person has got in the examination process.
- Once the seat is allotted in a particular college, the candidate would be required to report to the allotted college in the provided timeline.
- The candidate would be required to get their documents checked at the college and pay the requisite fee before the end date.
- The mode of counselling to an extent would also be dependent on the state.
- The counselling will be done for the 15% of All India Quota seats
NEET Counselling 2019 – Registration Process
Find below the registration process for NEET counselling 2019:
- Step 1: visit the NEET counselling official site www.mcc.nic.in and click on ‘UG medical counselling’. On the left side of the scree, the person will find Link for ‘New registration’. Click on this and enter the details such as roll number, application number, name of the candidate, date of birth parent’s name, e mail ID, mobile number, security pin and click on submit.
- Step 2: After this new login credentials will be generated, use these new credentials for the future steps.
- Step 3: Below new login, there is a link for ‘candidate login’, one needs to click here and login with the new credentials.
- Step 4: The next step will ask to enter the roll number, name, mobile number, registration number and mother’s name and click on submit. Select ‘confirm registration’ and your registration is complete. Take the print put of this registration slip.
- Step 5: Once the counselling starts, the next step would be the lock choices, one needs to make the choice very carefully as once locked the candidate will not be allowed to make changes.
- Step 6: Candidate would be shared an email and SMS once the results are out.
- Step 7: One needs to contact the college authorities before the last date, get the documents checked and also pay the fee before deadline.
NEET 2019 Counselling Schedule
Find below the important dates related to NEET 2019 counselling.
|Round 1 for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||Second week of June 2019|
|Registration and Choice Filling||Second week of June 2019|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Third week of June 2019|
|Allotment Result||Fourth week of June 2019|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Till first week of July 2019|
|Round 2 for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||Second week of June 2019|
|Registration and Choice Filling||First week of July 2019|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Second week of July 2019|
|Allotment Result||Second week of July 2019|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Third week of July 2019|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective states||Fourth week of July 2019|
|Mop-Up Round for Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||Second week of August 2019|
|Registration and Choice Filling||Second week of August 2019|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Third week of August 2019|
|Allotment Result||Third week of August 2019|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Fourth week of August 2019|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective Institutes||Fourth week of August 2019|
What is the eligibility for NEET Counselling 2019?
Candidate should qualify in the NEET 2019 exam by securing minimum required percentile marks. Only qualifying students would be allowed to sit for the NEET counselling 2019.
The minimum percentile for the general category is 50% while it is 40% for the reserved categories. Candidates can check the below table, which shows percentile requirement for different category students.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
- Qualified candidates in the NEET exam should register for counselling as per schedule and participate by submitting the choices in the NEET counselling.
- 15% All India Quota seats will not applicable to the students belonging the state of Jammu and Kashmir. So, they are not eligible for 15% quota seats.
- Few central universities will have custom rules, which are applicable to some percentage of seats and it depends on admission policies of the university/institution/college.