NEET 2020 Registration, Application form, Notification: NEET is a national level medical entrance examination which is conducted by the NTA across India. The NEET exam is conducted twice in a year from 2020 onward in online mode only. Candidates who get through NEET can apply in any graduate medical course (M.B.B.S. or B.D.S.) in government and private medical colleges in India.
The notification and application for NEET 2020 was released on November 1, 2020 and exam is expected to be conducted on 5th May 2020. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for conducting exams and declaration of results.
Key Highlights of NEET 2020
- NEET 2020 application form will available from December 2-31, 2019.
- NEET 2020 is the popular medical entrance exam in India with over 15,00,000 test takers to give the exam for MBBS and BDS admissions.
- NTA conducts NEET exam once in a year in offline pen and paper mode.
- NEET 2020 exam date is May 3, 2020 and admit card to be released on March 27, 2020.
- NTA will release NEET result and scorecard on June 4, 2020.
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for NEET 2020 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online registration process, application correction last date, counselling procedure, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, exam duration, cut off as well as result.
Table of Contents
NEET 2020 Notification
The NTA has released notification for NEET 2020.Registration process to fill in the application form will soon begin once the notification will be released. Candidates can register on NTA NEET official website before the last date – 30th November 2018.
NEET also stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is a medical entrance exam conducted every year to help candidates get admission in BDS and MBBS all over India. The exam is mainly conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) and is considered as the qualifying test for medical courses. Candidates can register themselves once the registration for NEET 2020 starts. They can give the exam via online mode.
All the candidates who are seeking admission in Medical colleges in abroad must also qualify NEET UG Exam 2020. To check the notification, aspiring candidates can visit the official website to know more about the exam dates, eligibility, educational qualification and fees.
NEET 2020 Exam Date
NEET exam date 2020 announced officially and it will be held on 5th May 2020. NTA has decided to conduct NEET computer based test twice in a year.
The information below shows the all important dates of NEET 2020 (officially announced).
|NEET 2020 Registration starts||1st November 2018|
|NEET 2020 Registration ends||30th November 2018|
|Last date of fill the application form||30th November 2018|
|Correction Window Open||December 2018|
|Availability of NEET 2020 Admit card||15th April 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam date||5th May 2020|
|Answer key Release||10th May 2020|
|Announcement of result||5th June 2020|
|Counselling begins||June 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility criteria
Candidates who intend to appear for NEET 2020 should check the eligibility criteria
Age Limit: should have completed 17 years of age by calendar year 2018. Candidates who are older than 25 years are not eligible for writing the entrance exam. Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) have age relaxation of upto 5 years
Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible to appear for NEET
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed XII or have written XII exam in 2020
Study of Subjects: Candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology or Biotechnology as main subjects in class XII and have or had scored more than 55%
Number of attempts: NEET can be written for a maximum of three times. People often take an year’s coaching before appearing again. SC, ST and OBC can have lesser scores of upto 40% depending upon their category.
NEET 2020 Application form
NEET 2020 application form will be available online on the official website cbseneet.nic.in from 01-11-2018. Applicants will be required to fill up all the details as requested.
Here is the step-by-step guide for NEET registration 2020.
Part I: Registration
This stage is to generate username name and password.
- Go to the website cbseneet.nic.in and check for the ‘Apply Online’ option.
- Click the details as requested such as candidate’s name as per certificates, date of birth, active mobile number and email ID.
- You will received username and password on the registered email ID and phone number.
Part II: Online Application
Log on to the website with the username and password as received. Go through the guidelines carefully before applying online for NEET 2020.
A. Application form will appear requesting for
- personal information and mailing address
- educational details
- preferred course (MBBS or MD)
- exam center
B. Upload Scanned Images
- After filing the above details candidates will be prompted to upload scanned photograph, sign and category certificate* (SC, ST, OBC, etc.).
- Recheck all the submitted details for errors and in discrepancies, as incorrect application may get rejected
- Once you are sure of submitting correct details click on the ‘Final Submit’ button
Part III: Fees payment
- Fee structures varies depending upon the category fee for general category is INR 1400 and other its is INR 750
- Fees payment can be done by either offline mode or online mode
- Offline mode fee payment can be done via bank challans
- Online fee payment can be done by net banking, e wallets, credit card or debit card
- Take a receipt of the payment done as a proof for reference
Note: Once the payment is complete, you can take a print of the application form and keep it for future correspondences.
NEET 2020 Admit Card
NEET Admit Card 2020 download: NEET 2020 admit card will be released on 15th April by NTA. Candidate needs to provide registration number and password to download hall ticket for the NEET exam.
Candidates’ who have successfully completed application form will get their admit card online in the month of April 2020. The admit cards can be downloaded from official website of NEET. Check the details carefully on the admit card such as name, date of birth, roll number and exam center address. It is your ticket to enter exam center, don’t forget to carry it on the day of exam.
Steps to download NEET Admit Card 2020:
- Login on the website using the User ID and Password (this is the same username and password generated at the time of registration)
- Click on the option ‘Download NEET 2020 Admit Card’
- Once you get the admit card, take a print of it.
NEET will be conducted in 150 exam centers across India in about 84 cities. Candidates can select the exam center of choice. CBSE tries to allocate the selected exam center. Your admit card will have the details of the allotted exam center along with the address.
NEET 2020 Syllabus
The exam will be conducted in four subjects Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Each subject will have 45 questions and a total of 180 questions. The NEET 2020 syllabus can be downloaded from NTA NEET website. The syllabus is based on class XI and XII. NCERT books should be referred thoroughly.
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
Concentrate on Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry and also on Genetics, Ecology, Physiology and Plant diversity topics. Physics is one of the difficult subject and concentrate on following topics Mechanics, Modern Electronics and Electronics.
- This is an online exam which is usually conducted in the below mentioned languages
- Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese and Gujarati.
- Candidate will receive the question paper in the selected language.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours (180 minutes), wherein each section will have a time limit of 45 minutes.
- Each question carries 4 marks and each incorrect answer carries 1 mark.
- The un-attempted questions will not carry any kind of marking.
NEET 2020 Result
NEET 2020 Results can be expected on 5th June 2020 and can be downloaded from NTA NEET official website. The score card will have marks of individual subjects and also the percentile. One can download the score card by logging with User ID and Password.
How to check NEET Result 2020
Simply follow the below given general procedure to check the NEET result 2020 and download scorecard as well.
- Click on the direct link of the NEET 2020 result.
- Enter roll number and date of birth.
- Then click on the submit button
- It displays your NEET score, All India Quota Rank for counselling and category rank and the most importantly the state rank as well.
- Finally, click on download button to get the result and a scorecard of NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Cut off
The cut off marks will be decided depending upon the number of applicant, seats available and difficulty level of exam.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff Marks||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||96||54,653|
- CBSE issues two ranks All India rank and one for the State Level rank
- Candidates who have scored 50 percentile will be reflected in merit list and for SC/ST/OBC candidates 40 percentile is sufficient to make it into merit list
- If more number of candidates has scored less, then CBSE and MCI decreases the qualifying percentile
- If more than one candidate has scored same marks, then ranking will be based on higher marks in biology, chemistry, number of wrong answer and finally age.
- 15% of highest scored candidates are eligible for seats under All India Quota.
NEET 2020 Counselling
GATE 2020 counselling (All India Quota Seats) will start from the second week of June 2020. Only qualified candidates in the NEET exam are eligible for admissions to medical programs such as MBBS, BDS, etc in the top most government and private medical colleges in India.
NEET 2020 Counselling for All India Quota Seats conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). It’s completely online process, counselling will be done in 2 rounds. In each round, the same procedure involved. Based on cut off marks, the candidate should complete the NEET Online registration process for counselling and based on choices, the admission to be given.
What is total MBBS seats in India 2020?
With the addition of more MBBS seats in 2020, there are now 70693 MBBS seats for students who qualify the NEET exam 2020. Of this, 36863 seats are in 236 government medical colleges, while the remaining 33830 seats are in 260 private medical colleges. The NEET 2020 has 70693 MBBS seats in India.
How difficult is NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 will be more difficult to qualify with huge competetion and less number of MBBS seats. To crack it, a candidate should prepare well and cover vast topics in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
Is there any age limit for NEET 2020?
No, there is no age limit to give NEET 2020.
How many marks required to get MBBS seat?
It depends on category of candidate and state, and having 600 score will be safe side to get MBBS seat in government medical college for general category candidates.
How many times can I attempt NEET?
There is no such restrictions to give the NEET exam. So you can attempt the exam as many times.
How many regional languages available in NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 question paper will be available in a total of 11 languages that includes English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada and Telugu.
What is registration fee for NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 registration fee is Rs 1400 for General or OBC category candidates. While for SC/ST/ PWD category candidates application fee is Rs 750 only.
Can i give NEET exam in Mumbai for Telugu medium question paper?
No, students have to choose their language and exam city in same state. If you want to give NEET exam in Telugu medium, then you need to select exam city in either Andhra or Telangana.
How to download NEET admit card 2020?
To download NEET admit card 2020, a candidate should visit NTA NEET official website and enter all required details such as application number, date of birth and the security pin.
How to check NEET result 2020?
Go to ntaneet.nic.in and enter your roll number, date of birth and security pin to check your NEET result 2020. You can also get score card as well.
How to clear NEET in the first attempt?
In order to claer NEET in the first attempt, a student should have recommended study plan and preparation strategy that covers all important topics in Classs 11 and 12 of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Apart from these, hard work and smartness plays major role to clear the NEET exam.