SBI PO Syllabus 2019 and Exam Pattern: This article will guide you detailed SBI PO syllabus 2019 and exam pattern.
SBI PO 2019 syllabus and pattern of the exam is different for prelims and mains. Before you start preparation, It is important to know the entire pattern and syllabus to crack the SBI PO exam.
|SBI PO Admit Card||SBI PO Result||SBI Clerk Syllabus|
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Prelims
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO preliminary exam contains various sub-sections such as English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning to test the abilities required for the exam.The duration of the exam is 1 hour and has a total of 100 questions bifurcated into sub-sections for 100 marks.
Various sub-sections include:
- English Language: This has 30 questions in total and has a time duration of 20 minutes. Each correct answer will give 1 mark while a wrong answer will incur (-) 0.25 mark.
- Reasoning ability: This section has 35 questions and has time duration of 20 minutes. This also has 1 mark of each correct answer and a negative 0.25 mark for wrong answer.
- Quantitative ability: This section also has 35 questions and a time duration of 20 minutes. Negative marks (1/4th) applies to this section as well.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 for Prelims
The candidates will be selected for SBI PO mains exam in the ratio of 1:10. The biggest surprise is There is no sectional cut off marks in both the prelims and mains exams. on the other hand, the candidates will be given 20 minutes to attempt the each section in preliminary exam.
The test is completely online, thus it would be great if the candidate is well versed with online tests procedures. All the candidates who have qualified in the preliminary exam would be allowed to sit for the main exam.
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Mains
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|General Awareness about Economy/Banking||40||40||35 Min|
|English Language||35||40||40 Min|
Find below the details of each and every sub-section of the exam:
- Reasoning and computer aptitude: This has a total of 45 questions and a total of 60 marks and a duration of 60 minutes.
- Data analysis & Interpretation: This has a total of 35 marks and a maximum marks of 60, time duration for this is 45 minutes.
- General/Economy and banking awareness: this sections has 40 questions in total for 40 marks each and a duration of 35 minutes.
- English language: This has around 35 questions for 40 marks and a time duration of 40 minutes.
Thus the test overall has 155 questions with a total of 200 questions and 180 minutes of total duration.
Descriptive Test: This test is conducted to test the command of the candidate for English language. To test this the candidate will be provided with two questions on letter and essay writing. There is no negative marking in the descriptive test.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2019
- The main exam for SBI PO is conducted on a separate day to qualified candidates in prelims exam.
- The exam contains both objective and descriptive questions on various topics
- This is also conducted through online procedure.
- For the main exam, the duration of the objective exam is 3 hrs while for the descriptive exam it is 30 minutes.
- The objective exam would contain four sections which include General knowledge, reasoning & computer aptitude, Data analysis & interpretation, Economy/banking awareness and English language.
- Similar to the preliminary exam, the main exam also has negative marking for the objective questions.
- Overall in the main exam, the objective exam is of 200 marks while the descriptive exam is of 50 marks.
Topic Wise SBI PO Syllabus 2019 for Prelims and Mains
SBI PO has both the preliminary as well as the main exam, and the range of topic is very high. There is a slight difference in the topics for both the preliminary and main exam.
Preliminary exam Syllabus: find below the syllabus for the 3 sections in details.
Reasoning: This section covers various topics to test the reasoning ability of the person, Topics include Logical reasoning, Alphanumeric series, Ranking/direction, data sufficiency, coded inequalities, seating arrangement, puzzle, tabulation, Syllogism, Relations, coding recoding etc.
Quantitative ability: This section includes various topics like Simplification, profit & loss, Mixtures & allegations, Simple and compound interest, Surds & indices, Work & time, Speed, time & distance, Mensuration, data interpretation, ratio & proportion, number system, sequence and series, Permutation and combination, probability etc.
English language: This includes various sub-topics such as Reading comprehension, cloze test, Para jumbles, fill in the blanks, paragraph completion etc.
Main Exam syllabus: The main exam has more number of sections and the topics are also diversified. The various sub-topics for the main exam include:
Data Analysis: this include topics such as tabular graph, Line graph, bar chart, data sufficiency, Probability, permutation and combination etc.
Reasoning: This includes sub-topics such as verbal reasoning, syllogism, seating arrangement, Double line up, Scheduling, input output, directions, ordering, data sufficiency, coding decoding etc.
English Language: Sub-topics in this include Reading comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, verbal ability, word association, para jumbles, error spotting, fill in the blanks etc.
General/Economy and banking services: This include topics such as Current affairs, financial awareness, General knowledge, banking and financial awareness etc.
Computer awareness: This includes topics such as Internet, memory, Keyboard shortcuts, Computer abbreviation, Microsoft office, computer hardware, software, operating system, networking, computer fundamentals etc.