SBI Recruitment 2019: SBI PO 2019 Apply Online, Exam Date, Vacancies – SBI PO 2019 recruitment notification released by the State Bank of India every year to recruit the eligible candidates for the post of probationary officer. It is undoubtedly one of the most sought after jobs in banking industry.
Finally SBI has declared the much awaited SBI PO 2019 notification and vacancies. All the aspiring candidates can now register themselves online by visiting the official website, www.sbi.co.in.
Now that the online application has started, candidates can register themselves online. Just remember the May 13, 2019 is the last date to apply online for SBI PO 2019. So register yourself before the last date.
But to apply online, candidates should be aware of the exam pattern, dates, syllabus, eligibility criteria, test centers and a lot more. To know more details, refer to the notification.
Table of Contents
The exam will be held in 3 Tiers which include preliminary examination (Objective test), main examination (Objective test and Descriptive test), Group discussion and Personal Interview. But first the candidate will be required to clear the prelim exam to move on to the next round of selection process. Candidates must know that their final selection mainly depends on their performance in each phase.
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for SBI PO 2019 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online application process, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, exam duration, cut off as well as result.
SBI PO 2019 Notification
The State bank of India has recently released the SBI PO 2019 notification for around 2000 vacancies. State Bank of India is the leading bank of India and it is a dream of many candidates to be a part of this prestigious institution. Now that the golden opportunity is here, aspiring candidates wouldn’t want to miss out their chance to join SBI.
|SBI PO 2019 Event||Details|
|Application form||SBI PO Apply Online 2019|
|Admit Card||SBI PO Admit Card 2019|
|Syllabus||SBI PO Syllaus 2019|
|Preparation Plan||SBI PO Preparation 2019|
|Result||SBI PO Result 2019|
According to the official SBI PO notification 2019, there are also some changes introduced in the examination pattern. After the release of notification, registration process has already started to recruit candidates in SBI and its Associate banks. After joining the bank, candidates will be posted anywhere in India. To qualify for the interview, candidates must clear prelim and main examination. Final selection of the candidates will be based on merit.
The SBI PO 2019 apply online process will be open from 21-04-2019 to 13-05-2019. To apply online, check the age criteria, educational qualification and eligibility.
SBI PO Vacancies 2019
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility
SBI PO 2019 eligibility criteria: Before starting the process of SBI PO online application form submission, candidates should check their educational qualification, age limit and citizenship requirements to make sure for application acceptance.
SBI PO Educational Qualification
Those who are interested to take the SBI PO exam must have a graduation degree from any recognized university. The final year students are also eligible but they should have a proof of passing the exam by 01/07/2019.
Note: Open degree obtained from distance education or open university is acceptable, but the institution should have recognized officially by the Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
SBI PO Age Limit
All those who wish to apply for the SBI PO vacancies should have an age between 21 and 30. There is a relaxation of five years provided for reservation (SC/ST) candidates. Check age relaxation by category in the following:
Age Relaxation for SBI PO Exam 2019
- SC/ST – 5 years relaxation
- OBC – 3 years relaxation
- PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years relaxation
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years relaxation
- PWD (Gen) – 10 years relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers ( at least 5 years of service) – 5 years relaxation.
- J&K domicile citizens between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from various countries with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
Maximum Number of Attempts
The maximum number of attempts to appear in the SBI PO exam for general category candidates are 4. However, there is no limitations for SC/ST candidates. Refer the below table for more information.
|OBC and OBC (PWD)||7|
SBI PO 2019 Apply Online
SBI PO Apply online 2019 – Make sure to follow all instructions carefully while filling the SBI PO application form 2019 and refer step by step guide to complete the online registration successfully. All the aspiring candidates can visit the official website to register online.
Candidates can apply online for SBI PO 2019 anytime between April 21, 2019 and May 31, 2019. To complete the registration process, candidates can make the payment online. It is advisable to fill the online application form carefully as no changes will be allowed once you submit the application form.
|SBI PO 2019 Apply Online Event||Date|
|Starting date of SBI PO 2019 Online Application Form||21-04-2019|
|Last date of SBI PO 2019 Online application||13-05-2019|
Steps to fill SBI PO Application Form 2019
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Learn how to submit SBI PO application form 2019
- Visit the official website (http://ibps.sifyitest.com/sbipoapr18/) and click on the button “click here for new registration”.
- Fill the basic details and submits it, and then you will be allotted registration number and password. Now use this registration number and password and fill the security code carefully to log in.
- Now fill the personal details, choose the exam center, religion, fill the email id, address and other details carefully and click on the “next” button.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- After uploading photograph and signature, you will be directed to next page to fill the educational qualification.
- This is the last stage of the application process. Choose any of the modes of payment to pay the fees online.
- After successful submission of fees, download and save the receipt for future reference.
Note- No changes will be allowed once you submit the application form. So review the details carefully before the final submission of the form. Also keep all the documents ready while filling the educational qualification details.
Also candidates can choose the test center and test city as per their convenience while filling the form. The test centers are mainly allocated on the first cum first service basis. So it is advisable that you fill the form in the beginning only to get the nearest test center. To apply online, choose any of the below-listed web browsers:
- Google Chrome 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 3.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
Some other important pre-requisites to fill the form include:
- A valid and working e-mail ID.
- The scanned photograph and signature must have prescribed size.
- Keep all the documents with you while filling the form.
SBI PO Application fee Payment
The application fee for SC/ST/PWD is Rs. 100 while the application fee for general and other candidates is Rs. 600. Payment will be made through modes of payment like credit card, debit card or net banking. There is no other mode available to pay the fees.
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Note – Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Photo and Signature Specifications
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
SBI PO 2019 Exam Date & Schedule
The SBI PO exam dates for prelim exam (Tier 1) are out by SBI and are expected to be held on 1st, 7th, and 8th July 2019. While the dates for main exam (Tier 2) is expected to be 4th August 2019. The candidates are required to clear the Tier 1 exam to go to the Tier 2 exam. The call letters for each exam can be downloaded from the official website.The call letters for the preliminary exam are expected to be out after 18th June. However, the examination dates has been released by the State bank of India.
|Online registration including Edit/Modification of SBI PO Application||21st April 2019 to 13th May 2019|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||21st April 2019 to 13th May 2019|
|Download of SBI PO Admit card 2019 for online Preliminary Examination||18th June Onwards|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminary||1st, 7th & 8th July 2019|
|SBI PO Result 2019 of Online Preliminary Exam||15th July 2019|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||20th July 2019|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||4th August 2019|
|Result of Online Examination – Main||20th August 2019|
|Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||1st September 2019|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||24th September 2019 to 12th October 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||1st November 2019|
SBI PO Admit Card 2019
SBI PO admit card 2019 for online preliminary examination will be available from 18th June 2019 to till the exam date. Soon after the registration process completes, the call letters will be out to download. Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website. Admit cards for preliminary exam will be available after 18th June as the tentative dates of Tier 1 exam is declared to be 1st July to 8th July 2019.
Steps to download the SBI PO 2019 admit card
- Step 1. Go to the official website to download the admit card.
- Step 2. Fill the registration number and password allotted to you at the time of registration.
- Step 3. Click on the submit button and you will directed to the admit card page.
- Step 4. Download the admit card and take out the print out to carry for the examination.
SBI PO Cut off 2019
The cut off for SBI PO varies every year. It mainly depends on the difficulty level of the question paper and number of candidates appearing for the examination.
To clear the exam, candidates have to pass the test by securing the marks decided by the bank. Unlike last year, this year there will no sectional cutoff. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the number of vacancies. This time the bank has decided to select the candidates 10 times to the number of vacancies available.
So this year candidates need to worry about the sectional cut off, but they need to be focused on their overall score to qualify for the next round.
Here is the SBI PO cut offs of prelim exam last year:
|Descriptive Type Test (English Language)(Evaluated only for those candidates who have qualified in each level of the Objective Test)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Minimum marks to be secured to be shortlisted for GE-cum Interview (Objective + Descriptive Test)||62.5||62.5||79.5||89.25||62.5||88.09||62.5|
|Total : GE + Interview||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
|Total marks secured by last ranked selected candidate(Out to 100)||38.95||28.88||40.83||46.59||37.24||46.11||32.95|
Sectional Cut Off for SBI PO Prelims 2018
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Reasoning Ability|
|Cut Off Marks (GEN)||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Marks (OBC/SC/ ST/PwD)||7.00||5.75||4.00|
Overall SBI PO Prelims Cut off 2018
To know more about SBI PO 2019, Candidates can refer the notification and the official website. Also make sure that you register before the last date as many candidates waits for the last date and face problems while filling the forms.
SBI PO Result 2019
The SBI PO results 2019 for Prelims, mains and finsl round (personal interview & group discussion together) will be soon released after the conduction of the examination. Only candidates who will clear the Tier 1 exam will be allowed to give the Tier 2 exam. The results for Tier 1 exam will available to check on the official website. The result for Tier 1 exam is expected to be out on 15th July 2019. While the result for Tier 2 exam will be declared on 20th August 2019.
|SBI PO Result 2019||Exam Date||Result Date|
|SBI PO Result 2019: Prelims Exam||1st, 7th & 8th July 2019||15th July 2019|
|SBI PO Result 2019: Main Exam||4th August 2019||20th August 2019|
|Group Discussions & Interview||24th September 2019 to 12th October 2019||1-11-2019|
All those candidates who will able to clear the main exam will appear for Group exercise and Personal Interview. The final result is expected to come on 1st November 2019.
Steps to check SBI PO Result 2019
To check your SBI PO result 2019, simply follow the steps listed below.
- Step 1: Go to the SBI official website – sbi.co.in.
- Step 2: Click on the SBI PO result 2019 link under latest announcement tab.
- Step 3: Then, enter your registration number and date of birth/password.
- Step 4: Next, enter image security code and click on login button.
- Step 5: Your result status and score along with overall cut off marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Finally, take a print out of the result for the reference purpose.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019
The State of India released detailed SBI PO Syllabus and exam pattern for each tier separately. The selection process for SBI PO mainly held in 3 stages. Each stage has a different pattern and the syllabus. So before candidates starts preparing, it is really important to be aware of the whole syllabus.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019 for Preliminary Exam: The preliminary exam is the first stage of the selection process. The exam duration for prelims online test is 1 hour to solve 100 questions. It is really important for the candidates to keep a check on time to attempt all the questions.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The exam is divided into three sections, which include:
- English Language- This section contains 30 questions of 30 marks.
- Numerical Ability- This section contains 35 questions of 35 marks.
- Reasoning Ability- This section contains 35 questions of 35 marks.
Candidates will be given 20 minutes to attempt the each section, which is one of the changes introduced this year in the examination pattern. Also remember that there are negative marking, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. So maintain the accuracy and mark the answers carefully.
SBI PO Syllabus 2018 for Main Exam: After qualifying the SBI PO preliminary exam, candidates will be required to prepare for main exam as per the syllabus and the time limit. The SBI PO main exam mainly contains 200 questions of 200 marks followed by a descriptive test.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|General Awareness about Economy/Banking||40||40||35 Min|
|English Language||35||40||40 Min|
SBI PO Preparation Tips 2019
Better to start SBI PO preparation 2019 from the day one you have intended to write the exam. The SBI PO exam is a national level competitive bank exam and nearly 30 lakhs candidates are expected to attempt this exam all over the country. There is no short cut to qualify this competitive exam and requires a consistent approach to crack the SBI PO 2019.
How to Prepare for SBI PO 2019?
Some of the SBI PO preparation 2019 tips and strategies that can help students score better are:
- Candidates during the exam should first solve the easy questions and then solve other questions.
- Candidates should be selective in the questions and should answer only those questions which they are sure as there is negative marking as well for wrong answers.
- One should get stuck with a particular question, one should invest a reasonable time and if they are not able to solve in the time frame, they should move ahead to the next
- One should learn the art of managing time especially the preliminary exam is completely a time based test where the candidate is required to answer 100 questions in an hour.
- Subjects like math and reasoning requires a lot of practice, the more a person practice, the more confidence he will build and would be able to answer different type of questions. One should also focus on the basics and learning the concepts. If the concepts are clear, one will be able to solve any type of question in the exam.
- Preparing for general knowledge and general awareness does not come in one day. Thus one should develop a habit to read newspaper watch news channels and read business magazines. Developing general awareness will not only help in qualifying for the written exam but will also help in scoring high in the group discussion and personnel interview round.
The SBI PO 2019 exam is quite competitive and job aspirants have to make lot many efforts to get through the exam. The SBI PO exam is being framed tougher by each passing year to improve the exam standards.
SBI PO 2019 – FAQs
The minimum age requirement for SBI PO 2019 is 20 years, and maximum age limit is 30 years at the time of registration. However, there will be upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
Applicants, those in the final year/semester of their degree can apply online for SBI PO 2019 but they should have a proof of passing the exam by July 1, 2019.
General category applicants can attempt SBI PO exam upto 4 times. On the other hand, OBC category candidates can attempt the exam seven times. However, SC/ ST category students will not have any restrictions.
SBI PO 2019 application fee is Rs. 600 for General/OBC students and where as Rs. 100 for SC/ST/Pwd category candidates.
SBI PO admit card 2019 for prelims/mains exams can be downloaded by providing registration number and password or date of birth. Generally, SBI will release call letter for online test before 2 weeks of the exam date.
Applicants can check their SBI PO result 2019 and secured marks along with cut off marks on the official website sbi.co.in by entering their registration number and date of birth.
The SBI PO starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620. Approximately, Rs. 40000 is the monthly inhand salary. According to the official SBI PO 2019 notification, the pay scale is Rs. 23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020. Accurately, the total SBI PO Salary per year will be a minimum of Rs 8.20 lakhs and maximum of Rs 13.08 lakhs that depends on location of job posting.
There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer in the SBI PO exam. It’s applicable to both the prelims and mains exams. Candidates must clear the overall cut off marks in order to qualify for the SBI PO Main exam. However, there is no negative marking for un-attempted questions.
Simply No, there is no sectional cut offs for the both SBI PO prelims and mains exams. from the last year, SBI removed the sectional cut-off to further simplify the process of selection. However, there will be overall cut off marks needs to be sucure to appear for next stage exam.