WBJEE 2019 counselling takes place in 1st week of June after the declaration of result. The students who have attained minimum qualifying marks in WBJEE 2019 and also satisfy all the eligibility criteria will be eligible to attend for the WBJEE 2019 counselling.
The WBJEE counselling 2019 is completely an online procedure which starts with the registration process. The online registration for online counselling begins in 1st week of June. The registration facility is available for both WBJEE 2019 and JEE Main 2019 qualified candidates.
The online registration for counselling begins from 1st week of June. The registration ends in 2nd week of June. The admission process completes in 3rd week of July where the candidates have to report in the institute where the seats has been allotted to them. If the candidate does not report the particular institute on time his/ her provisional admission can be cancelled.
The candidates should submit the exam name, roll number and Password to apply for WBJEE 2019 counselling. The candidates should provide the choice of institute along with registration procedure.
Candidates can apply for WBJEE slabs only and JEE Main seats only or for both WBJEE seats & JEE Main seats. The counselling will be started on the same day for both the candidates.
A total of 3 rounds occur for the WBJEE counselling. Candidates can check the details of counselling on the official website of WBJEE.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will conduct WBJEE 2019 counselling as per the following schedule.
|Online registration for WBJEE Counselling 2019||June 12- June 19, 2019|
|Online choice filling by candidates||June 12-June 20, 2019|
|System operated choice locking to be done until||June 20, 2019|
|Declaration of Round 1 seat allotment||June 23, 2019|
|Round 1: reporting, verification, fee payment, etc.||June 24, 2019 to July 1, 2019|
|Declaration of Round 2 seat allotment||July 4, 2019|
|Round 2: reporting, verification, fee payment, etc.||July 5, 2019 to July 7, 2019|
|Declaration of Round 3 allotment||July 13, 2019|
|Round 3: reporting, verification, fee payment, etc.||July 13, 2019 to July 14, 2019|
|Last date for physical reporting and admission||July 17, 2019|
|E-Admission Procedure||July 17, 2019|
WBJEE Counselling 2019: Procedure
The first step of WBJEE 2019 counselling is the registration process. The students have to register themselves from the original website of WBJEE or wbjee.nic.in link. From the link, they have to select whether they have to register themselves for WBJEE 2019/ JEE Main 2019 or both the exams.
The students have to enter their roll number, password & security pin. Now click on the login button. After the registration is done successfully an ID and Password will be generated. The candidates are advised to save these credentials for further use. The registration fee for counselling is Rs.500.
The candidate should fill the category correctly as there is no scope for correction in the registration process. The students have to do registration once only, they don’t have to do registration again & again for 2nd & 3rd round of counselling.
Step-2: Choice of course and Institute
After the successful registration of counselling the candidates can use their user ID & Password to login & fill their choices of courses & Institutes. The students can check lock their choices till 5 pm on the due date. To unable to do so, the automatic locking of choices occur by the system.
The students should lock their choices in the descending order. Before filling the choices, candidates should make sure that they check the WBJEE cutoff to know their chances of entering their desired course & institute.
Step-3: Seat Allotment
After the online selection of the course & institute, the seats will be allotted to aspiring candidates. The allotment of the seats is based on ranks achieved by the candidate.
Again the seats allotted to the desired candidates is an online process & the students are required to check the seat allotted to them by login into their accounts by using the user ID and Password generated during registration process.
Step-4: Document verification at reporting center allotted to candidate
After the candidate gets a desired seat during counselling, he / she has to report in the reporting center with all the original documents & the attested copy of the documents. The fee amount for government institute is Rs. 5000/- & for private institute is Rs. 20000/-.
The student can change their choices after 1st round of counselling. They can change their willingness from Yes or No up-gradation after 2nd round of counselling but not the reverse.
To change the willingness of the course the course the student has to submit the provisional reporting center & receive a modified letter from reporting center.
Step-5: Final Admissions
This is the final step where the students have to go to the institute where they have allotted seat. If the candidate does not reach the specific institute on the desired date, then the provisional admission of such candidate will be cancelled. So the candidates are advised to reach on time.
In case the student needs refund of the fee, he or she has to report same reporting center where the provisional letter was issued.
Rounds of WBJEE 2019 Counselling
- Round 1 – All the candidates GMR & PMR are called for the round 1 of counselling.
- Round 2 – In this round those candidates will be called who did not get seat of the candidate is cancelled at the reporting center or those aspirants who have opted for upgraded will be called in 2nd round of counselling. If the candidate does not report at the reporting center on due date he/ she is not eligible for 2nd round of counselling.
- Round 3 – In 3rd round of counselling only those candidates will be called who went for up-gradation or whose seat was earlier cancelled at reporting center.
Documents required at the time of WBJEE 2019 counselling
The candidate should be present in person at the allotted reporting center with the original documents. Here is a list of the required documents –
- Class 10th certificate and marks sheet.
- WBJEE 2019 Admit card.
- Category SC, ST OR OBC Certificate.
- Class 12th or equivalent exam certificate
- Printout of rank obtained in WBJEE 2019 / JEE Mains 2019.
- Printout of online counselling fee payment receipt.
- WBJEE 2019 seat allotment letter.
- Domicile certificate if any.
- Pwd certificate if applicable
List of Reporting Centers
- Asansol government polytechnic Burdwan.
- Central Calcutta govt. Polytechnic. Kolkata. West Bengal.
- Coochbehar Govt. engineering colleges, coochbehar.
- Darjeeling Govt. polytechnic Darjeeling West Bengal.
- Dr. Meghnad Saha Institute of technology, Haldi West Bengal
- Govt. College of engineering & ceramic technology Kolkata.
- Govt. College of engineering & textile technology. Berhampur, Murshidabad.
- Govt. colleges of engineering & textile Technology Seerampore Hooghly.
- Indian institute of engineering science & technology. SHIMPUR, Howrah.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Jalpaiguri govt. engineering college, Kotwali Jalpaiguri.
- K.G engineering institute Bishnupur, West Bengal.
- Kalyani Govt. engineering College, Nadia.
- Malda Govt. Polytechnic, Malda.
- Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata.
- Purulia Govt. Engineering College, Purulia.
- Raijanj Govt. Polytechnic, Raiganj, Uttar Denajpur.
- Suri SRSV, Suri, Birbhum.
- Tripura govt. Women’s polytechnic, Agartala, Tripura.
- University institute of technology, Golabag, Bardhaman.
- University of north Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, Darjeeling.
- Vidyasagar University, Paschim Midnapore.